• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets give a shout out to some Mail-Carriers

50 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Been on both sides of the door bell as I was a Letter Carrier for 7+ years.

My house is on the worst route in the area (long - OT everyday ) so there is constant churn.

But through it all I have gotten great service.

That's totally awesome!

You see things from both sides of the fence.

Speaking of shoes I ruined my hugo boss boots,nobody told me you cant put water on suede!

On 5/14/2019 at 12:13 PM, gadzukes said:

This morning as I sipped my coffee and read the morning news, my phone beeped.  A text from my mail-carrier Cindy.  "Todd, I'm making my rounds early today and I have a package for you that will require a sig.  Will you be around?"  It made me think how thankful I am for such a great Mail-Carrier.  She really takes care of me.  We text!

On Cindy's 1st day delivering to me a couple years ago she went out of her way to come to my door and meet me.  She was told by my last carrier Jose, that I mailed and received quite a few packages.  Get this..... she wanted me to have her cel phone number so we could always have good communication when packages were coming or going.  How awesome is that!

As a Comic buyer/seller if you do not have a good relationship with your Mail-Carrier then you are really blowing it.  My last 3 carriers have all been awesome people.  Remember, they are carrying your "babies" (sometimes, really valuable babies) so take a moment to get to know them a little.  Also, take care of them at xmas (I always give my carrier a $50 gift cert during the holidays, although I'm definitely going to up it this year).

In our short chats at the mailbox, I found out that Cindy (who's about 55) sacrificed her career in Law Enforcement to move to my area to help take care of her dad who is old/sick.  Her salary now is about half of what it was.  In these last 2 years taking care of her dad, and being a full time postal carrier, thru online college she just got her Doctorate in a "Social services" field.

So, I call her "Doctor Cindy" every time I see her now.  My mail carrier is a Doctor, how many of you can say that?

Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout out to all the great Mail-Carriers out there.  Feel free to honor yours here.

Great post! I don't have a relationship with my mail carriers per se but I have mad respect for them. Tough job and one I couldn't do.  :headbang:

Does the regular mailman deliver registered mail packages?  Had a box of 9 slabs left in the mailbox yesterday, smushing the letters to the back of it.  Wife was home so no one tried knocking.  Luckily I have areal big mailbox where he was able to close the door to it.  So it wasn't visible to anyone traveling the street.

I get along fine with the carriers we've had.  Give them xmas tips, they give my dog treats.

1 hour ago, csaag said:

Does the regular mailman deliver registered mail packages?  Had a box of 9 slabs left in the mailbox yesterday, smushing the letters to the back of it.  Wife was home so no one tried knocking.  Luckily I have areal big mailbox where he was able to close the door to it.  So it wasn't visible to anyone traveling the street.

I get along fine with the carriers we've had.  Give them xmas tips, they give my dog treats.

That's a big mailbox

-- That's a big mailbox

thank my dad.  Bought the house 25 yrs ago.  Got up one Sat morning back then and saw him with a pole digger out front. Said the existing one was too small.  Now I have the biggest and ugliest box on the block, but it does come in handy.

17 minutes ago, csaag said:

-- That's a big mailbox

thank my dad.  Bought the house 25 yrs ago.  Got up one Sat morning back then and saw him with a pole digger out front. Said the existing one was too small.  Now I have the biggest and ugliest box on the block, but it does come in handy.

Lol

My parents had an ugly mail box,than they got it painted with a pic of their farmhouse,dogs out front,it looks really nice.

Your mailman seems pretty aggressive though,is he aware of what he is carrying?

Don't know if it's with regular mail or a separate delivery.  I have seen mail trucks on off hours so I do know some type of deliveries occur apart from normal mail.

If I can catch the regular guy tomorrow , I'll ask if he brings registered pkgs.  This was my 1st big package.     A few days ago I had Killing Joke come by itself as it was made into a separate order since it couldn't get pressed.  My daughter pulled up just as the truck came to my house so she signed for it.  Who knows if they would've left that in the box

13 hours ago, csaag said:

Yes, they will try to deliver a registered package.  Registered ALWAYS needs a signature so if no one is there they will leave a notice and you can pick it up at the PO.  

Were your 9 slabs a Registered package?  If so you should definitely complain, it's a HUGE no no for them to leave a registered without a sig.  If the box is taken it's my understanding that the mail carrier is liable for the value of the package.  With registered mail EVERYONE who touches the package has to sign for it (every mail carrier and every PO, and then finally the recipient).  That way they know who screwed up if it isn't delivered.

Edited by gadzukes

12 hours ago, csaag said:

Don't know if it's with regular mail or a separate delivery.  I have seen mail trucks on off hours so I do know some type of deliveries occur apart from normal mail.

If I can catch the regular guy tomorrow , I'll ask if he brings registered pkgs.  This was my 1st big package.     A few days ago I had Killing Joke come by itself as it was made into a separate order since it couldn't get pressed.  My daughter pulled up just as the truck came to my house so she signed for it.  Who knows if they would've left that in the box

Is the killing joke graded?

I heard they are sticklers on the grading on that book.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, gadzukes said:

What... do they have a camera in the truck watching them open my card to them that has a $50 gift cert?  Who's going to know?

Government workers are sometimes given integrity test. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that someone might give a worker an envelope with $100 in it to see if they take it.  If you had a job that paid you $50,000 a year with benefits, why risk it over $25?

6 hours ago, shadroch said:

Government workers are sometimes given integrity test. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that someone might give a worker an envelope with $100 in it to see if they take it.  If you had a job that paid you $50,000 a year with benefits, why risk it over $25?

Its definetly not waitressing,but I dont see a problem with a tip.

6 hours ago, shadroch said:

Ah..... I see.   I suppose that makes sense.

Stupid integrity.... messing up my plans to do something nice for someone.

1 hour ago, csaag said:

-- Is the killing joke graded?

I heard they are sticklers on the grading on that book

9.8  don't have the pic on the pc currently but there's one on the "this week back from cgc" thread

Nice!

You can just click quote in my box on the question I asked you,than you dont have to type it out yourself.

I bought a killing joke from a buddy of mine at a show a couple mo ths back,had it been stolen there would be enough fingerprints to convict about 500 people,the gloss really attracts fingerprints.

9.8 is really good.