Lets give a shout out to some Mail-Carriers
1 1

50 posts in this topic

1,586 posts
38 minutes ago, csaag said:

bought it from LCS back in the day.  Got lucky my hands were clean and I didn't bend the pages back too far when reading it.

As great as a story it was, I think I only read it once.

Had to come into work today. On the bright side the scanner here is big enough for slabs

 

kj.jpg

Oh That is sweet!

Funny Joker says smile! And that's exactly what I did when I saw it.

Nice work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377 posts
Posted (edited)

thanks - With having to work today, I'll prob miss the mailman to ask him about the registered pkg left in the mailbox

Last night I asked my wife to ask him but she'll prob forget.  she didn't seem too thrilled as I was swapping the 10 slabs into mylars. She asked where I was going to store them

I was going to say 'how about you get rid of your junk in the other room' but decided on discretion.

I get along with current mailman - seems like a nice guy.  The prev guy we had for a long time. He was a gem.  Loved dogs.  3 yrs ago when I was tossing a frisbee to my ,then, 1yr old Golden,

 he decided to take a lap around the house (dead end street so cars not an issue though I prob wasn't too smart there). After a fews seconds he doesn't come back so I go out front to look for him

Here he had seen the mail truck and bolted to him.  The guy stopped his truck, got out and chased him down waiting for someone to come and get him. We gave him (mailman not dog) a big gift that Xmas

Edited by csaag
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940 posts
44 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I take care of my mail carrier every year at Christmas with some money and food every year. 

Food?  Like ... Burger King?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,586 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, csaag said:

thanks - With having to work today, I'll prob miss the mailman to ask him about the registered pkg left in the mailbox

Last night I asked my wife to ask him but she'll prob forget.  she didn't seem too thrilled as I was swapping the 10 slabs into mylars. She asked where I was going to store them

I was going to say 'how about you get rid of your junk in the other room' but decided on discretion.

 

It was probably right that you erred on the side of caution on this one. That could've started a whole heap of problems for you,starting with mowing the lawn,followed by no dinner,and than concluded with a few nights on the couch.

Save yourself the hassle, come up with a three week tactical mission by periodically moving one of her objects at a time,by the end of the three weeks you'll have moved enough of her objects out and enough of yours in, that she wont know the difference.

I had to do that at work,but it took 12 weeks instead of 3. This guy in the lunchroom had the table a foot too close to the cupboards and he was considerably overweight so I was finding it hard to get past him to get my activia out of the fridge,I politely asked him to move the table,he said no,than I just moved it myself,he moved it back.

Rather than get into a passive aggressive war with him,I marked the location of the table with a black marker and for the next 12 weeks I moved the table one inch every week.

Unfortunately he had decided to get on a weight loss program and over those 3 months lost 60lbs so I no longer needed that foot.

Edited by Hollywood1892
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377 posts

My wife did get to talk to the mailman today.  He said he saw my daughter pull up into the driveway and assumed she was going to get the mail. So he said he signed it and put it in the box.

She said she told him several more would becoming over the next several weeks and that they're important to me  so we'd appreciate it if we could sign for them.  He said no problem and that was that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,479 posts
6 hours ago, Gaard said:
7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I take care of my mail carrier every year at Christmas with some money and food every year. 

Food?  Like ... Burger King?

Lol No, my daughter and I have made her all types of stuff. Oreo Balls, Minted Candy Canes, Cream Cheese Squares, Cupcakes, Some lunches in the summer
basically anything we can make and leave for her once or twice a year. A lot of stuff at Christmas and some cash.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,586 posts
15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Lol No, my daughter and I have made her all types of stuff. Oreo Balls, Minted Candy Canes, Cream Cheese Squares, Cupcakes, Some lunches in the summer
basically anything we can make and leave for her once or twice a year. A lot of stuff at Christmas and some cash.

 

Damn it.....I wish I was your mailman...we have oreo donuts at Tim Hortons,they are amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40,464 posts

I live in a small town, and even took weight-lifting classes with my carrier for about ten years. She is a union steward, and I was a labor relations specialist for the Feds, so we had some good "shop" conversations. She collects record albums and old stereo equipment, and she knows I collect comics, and what is in all those incoming and outgoing packages. She takes care of our stuff, and is a great femailman!  I talk to her once or twice a week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377 posts

Friday I was about to turn up the driveway with the dog when he saw the mail truck turn onto the street.   Knowing he would be given a treat, he refused  to budge.   When he got to my house he said I had a package in the back.  I ended uo with one hand on the leash with the other holding the mail and the package.  So he got to sign again for me, this time at my request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,784 posts
1 hour ago, csaag said:

Friday I was about to turn up the driveway with the dog when he saw the mail truck turn onto the street.   Knowing he would be given a treat, he refused  to budge.   When he got to my house he said I had a package in the back.  I ended uo with one hand on the leash with the other holding the mail and the package.  So he got to sign again for me, this time at my request.

Treats for the dogs.  Good strategy for a mail carrier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1