• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...So I called CCS today and asked about...(Results In from CPR)
1 1

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, picon3 said:

Bob,

I hear what you are saying.  If it were a solid 9.4, I'd just be happy to have it in my collection, but as I've looked it over pretty carefully under magnification, I'm leaning towards it possibly being a 9.6 with a clean and a press.  But it is a tough call.  No grader's notes in an older case with no color breaking areas.  There is a bend (not a crease) on the right back corner that would press out and the white on the left edge would also benefit from a press.  I've had very good luck with CPR, so I'm thinking I'll send it in and roll the dice again.  I'll update when it comes back.  Thanks to all (and thanks for the link from Joeypost about the paint pens-very scary stuff) who commented.  Paul~

One thing I would like to point out, your book already looks totally clean = no improvement for that. As a suggestion I would submit to CCS, request an evaluation. DO not remove it from the slab, send it in the slab. 

3 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

One thing I would like to point out, your book already looks totally clean = no improvement for that. As a suggestion I would submit to CCS, request an evaluation. DO not remove it from the slab, send it in the slab. 

Will do.  Thanks again.  Paul~

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Since the book is SS, it should go without saying that it should be left in the slab when sending it in, even if it's not going to be screened.

28 minutes ago, picon3 said:

Received the book back from CGC while on vacation and was pleasantly surprised to see that it made it's way from a CGC 9.4 to CGC 9.8 with a light cleaning and pressing.  They were able to take out the bend on the rear of the book and some of the minute bends along the spine.  Very pleased with the results.  Paul~

AT #30 SS Buckler CGC 9.8.JPG

AT #30 SS Buckler CGC 9.8 Back.JPG

That's great! :applause:

On 5/15/2019 at 6:09 PM, joeypost said:

I would be. Most likely the bulk of the signature is already stuck to the inner well. These pens were the worst idea ever. They look great but NEVER dry completely and remain tacky well after the signing. 

I need to find it, but I have a picture where the entire signature lifted from the book and remained on the inner well. 

Possibilities:idea:

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The only thing is, it's still not a 9.6. :D Are you going to keep it, or sell it to get the 9.6 to match your registry set?

(Serious question!)

It's a keeper.  :bigsmile: Paul~