• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Collector's call" TV show on comics this Sunday night
2 2

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glad! Hope you watch the show :foryou: 

The Channel "buzzr" isn't bad either, it's like metv, has the Match Game and other Game Shows, that are great to watch or just leave on for background noise lol 

No, you leave the Latino soap operas on as background noise - you feel me?

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

No, you leave the Latino soap operas on as background noise - you feel me?

muy caliente! For Sure ^^ 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On a bored Sunday?!? Tonight on metv channel!! Since I got a like from someone who doesn't always visit this thread, I'll tag some people who may like it too! :banana: 

@tv horror @oakman29 @NoMan NoMan I think it was you who worked in film :shy: Any of these movies?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I love this show and record all of the episodes. The thing that I have to keep reminding myself of is the old saying that 'one man's trash is another man's treasure."  I personally wouldn't spend a dime on anything that had to do with a zombie, walking dead, or any number of other  so called 'horror' properties.  I know I am probably the minority but I just don't get it!

15 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

I love this show and record all of the episodes. The thing that I have to keep reminding myself of is the old saying that 'one man's trash is another man's treasure."  I personally wouldn't spend a dime on anything that had to do with a zombie, walking dead, or any number of other  so called 'horror' properties.  I know I am probably the minority but I just don't get it!

The episodes are awesome!

I'm not s big horror fan either lol

But even this episode had Andy Griffith!

I know of Bella the Dracula enough to know what the collector had was cool for him a fan

And you're right the episodes are AWESOME 

It's not antique road show or pawn stars where someone is interested in  value out of need or wanting to part with it possibly...

This show is about a trade that hopefully makes the collection MORE AWESOME 

That's a small twist but cool

Also if someone is a fan of any collection portrayed, it's fun to think "would I make the trade as well?

I'll tag you too if there are interests, would love to hash out episodes in this thread...

I thought the Herman Munster story wad sweet :headbang:

Also the young Frankenstein was pretty Cool!

If you had told me the actor was in everybody loves Raymond lol

I would have fact checked haha

I never made that connection haha

Imagine my embarrassment  :x

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The episodes are awesome!

I'm not s big horror fan either lol

But even this episode had Andy Griffith!

I know of Bella the Dracula enough to know what the collector had was cool for him a fan

And you're right the episodes are AWESOME 

It's not antique road show or pawn stars where someone is interested in  value out of need or wanting to part with it possibly...

This show is about a trade that hopefully makes the collection MORE AWESOME 

That's a small twist but cool

Also if someone is a fan of any collection portrayed, it's fun to think "would I make the trade as well?

I'll tag you too if there are interests, would love to hash out episodes in this thread...

I thought the Herman Munster story wad sweet :headbang:

Yes, it's great to see what other people's passions are, even if they are not mine.  It's a great show!  The trade at the end is a tough one/  I keep thinking that if this were the real deal I would probably blow off the 'trade' and wait until the other person would accept my offer :bigsmile:  I don't have a lot of things that I would be willing to let go of unless it was for a really specific thing I have been looking for for awhile, and if I had a double of the thing they are asking for.

4 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Yes, it's great to see what other people's passions are, even if they are not mine.  It's a great show!  The trade at the end is a tough one/  I keep thinking that if this were the real deal I would probably blow off the 'trade' and wait until the other person would accept my offer :bigsmile:  I don't have a lot of things that I would be willing to let go of unless it was for a really specific thing I have been looking for for awhile, and if I had a double of the thing they are asking for.

I agree, I dont have much that I would part with either lol

And if it IS a double or rare find, it would take a definite item of equal intrinsic value to pry loose my item!

It being only a 30 minute show, I think they fit it all in, but I'm sure the collections are so vast and mixed theres got to be at least something they'd let go of Haha

Part of the fun of the trade!

LeadingDifferentJunebug-small.gif

On 5/24/2020 at 9:48 PM, Iconic1s said:

The whole category of horror is crazy popular!!! I remember as a kid being fascinated by just a few cool Halloween masks my cousin had. If he was into horror related paraphernalia instead of comics I could easily have fallen straight into that collecting world! One of my earliest memories as a kid was watching the first Nightmare on Elm street on VHS in the 80's which did result in me having nightmares lol 

There was a Barbie episode and Winnie the Pooh...in those cases I agree with you 

16 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

There was a Barbie episode and Winnie the Pooh...in those cases I agree with you 

Yeah, I definitely know I'm in the minority on the horror stuff!  I remember being pretty young when The Exorcist was on TV, so you know it was a pretty cut up version, but it still scared the living out of me!  I had watched it at a friend's house and had to ride my bike home in the dark... I was pretty sure something was going to get me that night lol  Freddy Krueger was also a classic that gave any kid nightmares back then.  Maybe that is why I'd rather not collect things that are designed to freak you out, who knows! lol

That lady with the Barbies was definitely in a world of her own.  That little fur coat is what amazed me most of all.  I must have missed the Winnie the Pooh episode somehow... yeah, it would stink to wake up one day and realize you spent your entire life's work collecting Winnie the Pooh!

Most of the shows I enjoy just being able to pause and look at all of the stuff in the background that they don't even get around to discussing.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:46 PM, Demoratics said:

I have never seen or heard about this show before, but will take a glance.

Welcome to the boards! :tink:

I hope it starts to come back on!

I guess they didnt like the dynamics of internet cam for looking at collections. I can see that sometimes it takes the personal touch with interaction.

@MGsimba77 Any word of the show coming back on?  :download:

On 10/5/2021 at 7:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome to the boards! :tink:

I hope it starts to come back on!

I guess they didnt like the dynamics of internet cam for looking at collections. I can see that sometimes it takes the personal touch with interaction.

@MGsimba77 Any word of the show coming back on?  :download:

No haven't seen anything on that buddy. The pandemic likely complicated the production. I don't think they could have gone forward even if they wanted to with this still going on. The Barbie episode still blows me away! That was crazy!

On 10/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, MGsimba77 said:

No haven't seen anything on that buddy. The pandemic likely complicated the production. I don't think they could have gone forward even if they wanted to with this still going on. The Barbie episode still blows me away! That was crazy!

Ya I cant even get reruns where I'm at  :(

It was a fun 30 minute show. Guess I'll keep on hoping!

But I do remember the barbie show, that friend of hers was astonished, and she had a cozy nook for it all :)

Still the outfits and all, that trade decision would have been tough, but sentimental wins the day!