• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received this today from CGC. Cracked side of slab. Worth it to try to send back?

15 posts in this topic

cgc has a return for free reholder policy.... 7 days i believe...

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

email her, she should work it out

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
spelling

3 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yeah shes pretty cool,she will help you out. Weird packaging or something,that shouldnt have happened.

Yeah.  It was packaged super safe with tons of bubble wrap and a huge box.  I received 3 Perez signed Infinity Gauntlet #1’s in perfect condition in a different box at the same time.

15 minutes ago, lordisam said:

Also - the sticker on top is stuck on the OUTSIDE of the slab, not the inside. Is this normal for “magazine” style slabs?  (Old TMNT’s are wider and require magazine slabs.)

F090E70C-EC79-468E-B437-FF755A5CD4D4.jpeg

F477ECF2-FC80-49A0-8364-166EB469882C.jpeg

i believe that is normal, thats the way old slabs were, and cgc fairly recently started doing new slabs for mags.....

since mag slabs are bigger, it took cgc a while to convert them, i think your good...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 hours ago, lordisam said:

Thanks for the great feedback, all!

I got a graded copy of a book yesterday in the mail with that much bubble wrap,I guess the guy really wanted to make sure it arrived safe. Hahahahahaha it's about thirty feet,took me a good ten minutes to unravel the wrap.lol

20190516_055716.jpg

2 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I'd put the book in my collection and not think about the small side crack twice.  (shrug)

You dont think it will deteriorate over time though?

I sent this one back.

I sent the cat pick,cuz shes soooooo cute!!! And I want the whole world to see her,lol...er,my bad!

20190426_214208.jpg

20190420_232055.jpg

How is a half inch crack in the outer slab going to affect in any way the preservation of the comic inside the intact inner well?  The book will be okay.  Besides, if preservation is your first priority, you wouldn't have slabbed the comic in the first place, and instead stored it in mylar with an acid-adsorbing fullback for archival quality protection.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

How is a half inch crack in the outer slab going to affect in any way the preservation of the comic inside the intact inner well?  The book will be okay.  Besides, if preservation is your first priority, you wouldn't have slabbed the comic in the first place, and instead stored it in mylar with an acid-adsorbing fullback for archival quality protection.

I love your opinion,regardless of how polar opposite it is too mine. What did you think of miss Edna kitty though?

So the only point of grading is to sell it,than?

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:02 AM, namisgr said:

I'd put the book in my collection and not think about the small side crack twice.  (shrug)

Oh, well!  I sent it back for a reholder.  You're right - I am being nitpicky, but I just wanted the slab to be clean.  It's on the way, so fingers crossed it comes back perfect this time around! :martini: