• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth submitting to CGC? (Sandman-Vertigo)

9 posts in this topic

I have issues 1 to 22 of Sandman (vertigo). They have all been sealed in protective covers for 30 years, my untrained eye cannot see any marks, folds, bends or scratches, the colour is all there, the whites are white and I've taken care of them but I'm no expert to judge. I was considering sending them to CGC, but that could get very expensive with 22 issues. So I will only sumbit those that are actually of value if any. I would be looking to sell once appraised by CGC. 

So, does anyone know if they are worth anything? I can provide photos of individual issues should you require it.

Thanks for any help.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:23 AM, Cromm54 said:

I have issues 1 to 22 of Sandman (vertigo). They have all been sealed in protective covers for 30 years, my untrained eye cannot see any marks, folds, bends or scratches, the colour is all there, the whites are white and I've taken care of them but I'm no expert to judge. I was considering sending them to CGC, but that could get very expensive with 22 issues. So I will only sumbit those that are actually of value if any. I would be looking to sell once appraised by CGC. 

So, does anyone know if they are worth anything? I can provide photos of individual issues should you require it.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the boards!

It's hard to answer questions so general without seeing any books. I'd suggest you post large, clear images (scans if possible) of the first three issues, both fronts and backs, one book per thread. I think we can give you a more accurate sense of where your books might grade out and whether the cost of slabbing would add value.

Cheers,

Point Five
Deputy Hospitality Ambassador, Grading Forum

So I will only sumbit those that are actually of value if any. I would be looking to sell once appraised by CGC. 

So, does anyone know if they are worth anything?

you can go search Ebay completed listings or Watchcount (which also can srch thru Ebay completed sales) and see what graded issues are selling for,

then for whichever issues you feel are monetarily worth it for you, post a topic for that issue here.

You can also try the free part of GoCollect to get a ballpark idea of what Sandman issues go for.

Welcome!

hanks for your help. Find images attached. Hope they are adequate, let me know if not. These are of the first three issues.

Issue 1 back.JPG

Issue 1 front.JPG

Edited by Cromm54
Going to re post

1 hour ago, Cromm54 said:

Issue 3 back.JPG

Issue 3 front.JPG

BTW they have some graded books on EBay now but just remember those prices are ASKING prices and are sometimes way off.  A CGC graded 8.0 is selling for 75 bucks.  Getting books graded is a PITA.  I would put some nice shiny new mylar bags with boards on them and unload them as a lot.  Just my opinion.

With new bags and boards you may just want to keep them another 20 years hehe!

Edited by Karl Liebl