• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine limited series 1 9.9

67 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Anyone see the recently graded pic of the wolverine 1 9.9 autographed by pretty much the entire team at Marvel.

It was recently posted on CGC Instagram account

Wondering what that might eventually sell for

Opinions?

Define "entire team at Marvel".  If we're talking about these folks -- http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=12168 -- fine, though the cover is unlikely to handle 7 signatures all that well.

But if you're talking about Wein, Trimpe, Romita Sr., Stan, etc., then the book is just defaced.

I don't do Instagram, just post a pic of it.

I would be interested if the book was just a 9.9, but signatures just ruin the appeal for me.  That said, I'm sure someone who is more appreciative of signatures will spend $2,500 + or - on it.  

11 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

I would be interested if the book was just a 9.9, but signatures just ruin the appeal for me.  That said, I'm sure someone who is more appreciative of signatures will spend $2,500 + or - on it.  

Your avatar is gonna trigger people...

2 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Can obviously see the Miller sig, but it's not listed on the label????

Interesting observation...

Too many signatures IMO.

I would only want Claremont's, Miller's, and Rubinstein's. Maybe Lee's.

I don't understand why the other names were sought after..?

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

How many times was it regraded?  Find it hard to believe that any book would receive a 9.9 multiple times....

Looks like 6 times, unless there's a method of getting books signed between shows, and retaining SS status.

Maybe Frank Miller's signatures wasn't witnessed?

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Looks like 6 times, unless there's a method of getting books signed between shows, and retaining SS status.

If it wasn’t witnessed, the book would have to be downgraded for writing on the cover.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Wouldn't that negate the yellow label (and the grade)?  Book would never get 9.9 from CGC with an unverified sig.