• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine limited series 1 9.9

67 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

May not have been graded prior to the 1st signature(s) in 2012.

Even then, it was cracked multiple times for more signatures.

Seems insane.

Had to have been cracked several times, no way a 2 1/2 year carryover time was allowed.

Also, three signatures too many.

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Had to have been cracked several times, no way a 2 1/2 year carryover time was allowed.

Also, three signatures too many.

I was assuming he was talking about cracking a 9.9 Blue for the 1st round of signatures. It may have been a raw before it was graded under SS.

27 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I was assuming he was talking about cracking a 9.9 Blue for the 1st round of signatures. It may have been a raw before it was graded under SS.

Either way, just based on the signature dates, at least 3 cracks were required.  4 depending on when Miller signed it.  5 if this was originally a blue label.

Talk about not quitting while you're ahead.  But it actually does look a lot better than I'd expect for having 8 signatures on the front cover.

they also only mention "7 legends" signing the book when there are clearly 8 sigs on there.  this whole thing just looks odd to me.  i am guessing they went off the label when they wrote that post instead of looking at the book

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

Can obviously see the Miller sig, but it's not listed on the label????

Millers signature might be noted on the back of the Label, since I'm sure there wasn't enough space to list all the signatures on the front Label. 

Also, since there is a comma after the annotation of Jim Shooter's signature and not an ampersand,I believe the annotations continue onto the back of the label. 

21 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

Millers signature might be noted on the back of the Label, since I'm sure there wasn't enough space to list all the signatures on the front Label. 

Also, since there is a comma after the annotation of Jim Shooter's signature and not an ampersand,I believe the annotations continue onto the back of the label. 

When I zoom in I don't see anything at the end of Shooter's date.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Too much signatures defiled the comic?

Partially, but these are my three reasons:

- I wouldn't want Stan, Romita, or Trimpe on this book.  EVER.
- I'm not really interested in having either editor on it (e.g. Shooter and Louise).
- I don't pay the 9.9 premium for anything.

Personal preference.  Here is the copy in my collection:

2764765_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=OC80LzIwM

22 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

- I'm not really interested in having either editor on it (e.g. Shooter and Louise).

100% agreed (if I collected Wolverine).

48 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Clairmont and Miller nice autographs

Why not Stan? Too many signatures,I mean hes signed too much stuff?

I tend to agree with the premium on a 9.9

9.8 is just fine.After that things start getting ridiculous 

Edited by Hollywood1892
Incomplete

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Some time in 2015.  I bought it with Rubinstein already on it, then (the man, the myth, the legend) Rich Henn took care of adding Miller and Claremont for me.

Is he the King of SS?

He had the only signed copy of a book that I could find after looking for 2 years.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Is he the King of SS?

He had the only signed copy of a book that I could find after looking for 2 years.

Hard to really call anyone the King of SS, though some of the less than ethical facilitators might try to lay claim to the title.

But at the very least, if we're going royal, you could call Rich a Duke of SS.  A number 1.