• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine limited series 1 9.9

67 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Hard to really call anyone the King of SS, though some of the less than ethical facilitators might try to lay claim to the title.

But at the very least, if we're going royal, you could call Rich a Duke of SS.  A number 1. 

What does it take to achieve that rank?

A lack of sigs?

22 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Why would a lack of signatures lead to high praise for a facilitator?

Sorry

Thought a lack of signatures would increase rarity of a book in signature series,which would subsequently increase its value.

Sorry,I'm new to this.

So he facilitates shows and autograph signings?

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Sorry

Thought a lack of signatures would increase rarity of a book in signature series,which would subsequently increase its value.

Sorry,I'm new to this.

So he facilitates shows and autograph signings?

Ah, you seem to be talking about rarity of a certain signature.  Yes, access to creators rarely seen is always a plus. 

In a nutshell, CGC has a number of designated independent facilitators, who then utilize they're own CGC approved witness and are able to submit books for the Signature Series.  Definitely a big help to the SS program overall since CGC obviously can't set up at every show that's held throughout the country.  If you poke around the Signature Room thread, you can learn a lot about who is who.

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Ah, you seem to be talking about rarity of a certain signature.  Yes, access to creators rarely seen is always a plus. 

In a nutshell, CGC has a number of designated independent facilitators, who then utilize they're own CGC approved witness and are able to submit books for the Signature Series.  Definitely a big help to the SS program overall since CGC obviously can't set up at every show that's held throughout the country.  If you poke around the Signature Room thread, you can learn a lot about who is who.

Thanks

I remember a guy up here who I got a few sig series amazing spiderman off of explaining the whole ordeal to me,because I have a legitimate Jim shooter Rai 0 I'd like to send in but itll come back green label.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

He had nothing to do with this book, or the series.  I'm not sure if this one even has "Stan Lee presents..." on the splash page.

Of course it does. Actually, it's "A Stan Lee presentation" in this book, but...

13 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

12 hours ago, mec3437 said:

I would be interested if the book was just a 9.9, but signatures just ruin the appeal for me

13 hours ago, mattn792 said:

But if you're talking about Wein, Trimpe, Romita Sr., Stan, etc., then the book is just defaced.

+3

Doesn't matter whose signatures are on this particular copy here.  The book definitely looks defaced from all of the multiple scrawls on the cover here. :p

But then again, it's really a case of to each, their own.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

12 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

How many times was it regraded?  Find it hard to believe that any book would receive a 9.9 multiple times....

Well, it's quite possible that the book didn't receive a 9.9 grade on each of its resubs.  :gossip:

The only one that counts is the last resub and I am quite sure that he must have "maximize the potential" of the book before resubbing it on the last go round.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I wouldn't want Stan, Romita, or Trimpe on this book.  EVER.

I have a 9.8 SS of it with Stan, Claremont, and Wein. I wish it also had a Trimpe sig.

For me it’s more about an individual’s appeal or influence on the character than just their work on a specific book. For example, Stan was the face of Marvel and a pop culture icon. Without his work who knows if Marvel would have even existed long enough for Wolverine to be created?  He may not be the father of many popular characters, but he’s certainly the grandfather.  

I think it’s cool to have his sig on a book that means something to me. That’s probably why his sig is so popular, because people want that progenitor  connection related to a piece they care about. 

It may be why people get actor sigs on comics they had nothing to do with. For them the person embodies the character and gives the book a deeper meaning. It’s not my kind of thing, but I understand the appeal. 

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it's quite possible that the book didn't receive a 9.9 grade on each of its resubs.  :gossip:

The only one that counts is the last resub and I am quite sure that he must have "maximize the potential" of the book before resubbing it on the last go round.  hm

That's scary,because it sounds like CGCs grading system is totally up to the individuals opinion rather than having a concrete system in place where you would have 50 graders all giving the exact same unbiased grade.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's scary,because it sounds like CGCs grading system is totally up to the individuals opinion rather than having a concrete system in place where you would have 50 graders all giving the exact same unbiased grade.

It’s a scary world out there.  

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It’s literally just an opinion that you’re purchasing. 

From the CGC website. 

7DA77C63-55E8-4CA9-82D9-73820F21E0B8.jpeg

Edited by Red84