• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Keys...a list?
2 2

196 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That might be said about Harley Quinn too

The Riddler and Harley are perfect examples, indeed. 

On 5/15/2019 at 10:16 AM, DTM700 said:

You could try googling modern keys and probably find a list. I consider the following modern keys, but most fall outside the years you listed.

Batman Advenres 12

Walking Dead 1

Spawn 1

Saga 1

Nyx 3

New Mutants 98

Also, this would probably get more replies if posted in the Modern forum.

This is a solid list of modern keys. There are NOT that many true modern keys. 

People often use the word "key" to describe the most ridiculous books...like most of the books listed by the OP. 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:42 AM, ExNihilo said:

We still read the tales of Ulysses, Jason and the Argonauts, Hercules, etc.  Who's to say we won't still be reading about Spider-Man in a 1000 years?

Bingo. 

30 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Hard to have a discussion with someone whose only response is you are wrong. Tedious actually. 

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry X-Mas.

I don't accept hypothetical situations as a valid argument.

58 minutes ago, newshane said:

This is a solid list of modern keys. There are NOT that many true modern keys. 

People often use the word "key" to describe the most ridiculous books...like most of the books listed by the OP. 

ASM 300 too,despite it may being the most graded comic in the history of comics,I rank it right up there with BA 12,Walking Dead 1

11 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

ASM 300 too...

Most people consider that a Copper Age book. 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, TwoPiece said:

How are Avengers Vol. 4 "keys"..? Just because Iron Man wields the Infinity Stones..? Movies do not determine "key" comics.

Not to be a tool, but this very much describes you right now.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:42 AM, ExNihilo said:

We still read the tales of Ulysses, Jason and the Argonauts, Hercules, etc.  Who's to say we won't still be reading about Spider-Man in a 1000 years?

We'll all be dead, so we won't be.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

My bad...

I was actually about to mention it in my post...then I remembered ASM300 is a Copper. It's a massively important book IMHO...but I don't think it qualifies as a Modern. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:32 AM, TwoPiece said:

Yes.

You're high. Very very very high. Tales to Astonish 13 was a dog book for (literally) 50 years.

20 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Rocket was a more popular character prior to the movies. He was in less than 20 comic books in the 20th century.

Movies do not create keys. When a character who had <20 appearances suddenly has many more, then their 1st appearance will become a key if the character's popularity continues to rise.

You're high.

The market creates keys. The market is 100% driven by movie (and TV) speculation. Math we learned in third grade. A=B=C.