• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Keys...a list?
2 2

196 posts in this topic

Hey I;m not exactly sure how to ask this so I'm just gonna try my best....

over the last 2 Months, I've been going through My comics I bought weekly from 2007 to 2012.

my collection is 95% Silver Age and Bronze...

Until 2 momths ago the thought never occurred to me to go through My Modern comics I bought during that time to see if any had become popular or valuable.

but 2 months ago I saw on facebook and post where someone was selling Ultimate Fallout #4 for $100....I was kinda stunned, as I couldnt believe a new book was going that high...once I clicked on it, I relearned that it was the 1st Miles Morales....I remember Buying this and reading it the week it came out(I loved The Ultimate Line...I bought all the Ultimate comics)...

obviously This made me immediately go in and Find my Ultimate Fall Out set and Pull it and had it to my keys....

but this also made me for the first time start thinking maybe I had other comics from this time that are now KEYS...

I've found about 70 comics from this time that are now KEYS.

Examples being...

The Old Man Logan run

18 comics from Amazing Spider-Man from 601 to 673 including the Anti-Venom run.

The Black Panther Run where Shuri becomes BP

and Other Keys like.

Avengers 9,10,11 and 12(Stark Wielding IG)

Invincible Iron Man #10,11 and 12(1st rescue)

Cable #21(1st Hope Summers)

X-Men 450 and 451(Early X-23)

X-23 1 to 15(2010 run)

New Avengers #11 and 27

Hulk #1,14,15 and 16(1st Red Hulk and Red She Hulk)

Civil War 1-7

Blackest Night #7(1st White Lantern)

Fear Itself #7(Cap Wields Hammer)

Basically what I'm asking is, do any of you know a list that has all the Modern comics that have Now Become Keys...

Nearly all the books that have become Keys during this time are due to recent MCU and other comic book movies...

I was just hoping maybe there was a definitive list or if not maybe this could be a thread where People could just post/add Modern comics that have become KEYS...

If anyone knows a list...or if anyone can think of any other Modern Keys from 2007 to 2012 that arent Mentioned, I would really appreciate you posting them...

PS...Walking Dead Keys are Not needed, I unfortunately did not collect that series....

thanks so much

You could try googling modern keys and probably find a list. I consider the following modern keys, but most fall outside the years you listed.

Batman Advenres 12

Walking Dead 1

Spawn 1

Saga 1

Nyx 3

New Mutants 98

Also, this would probably get more replies if posted in the Modern forum.

Edited by DTM700

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

How are Avengers Vol. 4 "keys"..? Just because Iron Man wields the Infinity Stones..? Movies do not determine "key" comics.

SPOILERS*************************************************

In Avengers Endgame The movie ends With IM Wielding The Infinity Gauntlet or Nano Gauntlet.

Avengers 9 to 12 has now become KEYS and Increased in value Incredibly.

I guess your more than within your right to call Valuable comics whatever you want...

but it seems the entire World is now referring to These Issues as KEYS....

from now until The end of time, These books are going to be More valuable Than They originally were because Of The MOVIE Avengers Endgame Where Tony Stark Wields The Infinity/Nano Gauntlet to Defeat and Beat Thanos and His army...

that Is Clearly A movie directly impacted a comic and Increasing Its Value and Desirability

I'm not sure what you mean by Movies dont determine Key comics...

Thor 339 is another example...Its Increased in value and became A KEY comic that people are Looking for as a direct result of Thor's character Ark in Infinity War where he gets Stormbreaker.

Iron Man 219 is another perfect example of a Movie directly influencing a comic and causing it to increase in value and become much more desirable or A Small KEY...Once it became known Ghost was going to be in AM2, The Book instantly increased in value

Shuri's Popularity in Black Panther has Caused Her comics to become Keys Issues and really increase in Valuable

There are literally maybe DOZENS of examples of Movies directly causing Comics to increase in Value and become Keys/more desirable ...

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, Just kinda stunned by your statement of "Movies do not determine "key" comics"

could you try to explain to me better why you think that so I can try to at least understand where your coming from ?.

14 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

SPOILERS*************************************************

In Avengers Endgame The movie ends With IM Wielding The Infinity Gauntlet or Nano Gauntlet.

Avengers 9 to 12 has now become KEYS and Increased in value Incredibly.

I guess your more than within your right to call Valuable comics whatever you want...

but it seems the entire World is now referring to These Issues as KEYS....

from now until The end of time, These books are going to be More valuable Than They originally were because Of The MOVIE Avengers Endgame Where Tony Stark Wields The Infinity/Nano Gauntlet to Defeat and Beat Thanos and His army...

that Is Clearly A movie directly impacted a comic and Increasing Its Value and Desirability

I'm not sure what you mean by Movies dont determine Key comics...

Thor 339 is another example...Its Increased in value and became A KEY comic that people are Looking for as a direct result of Thor's character Ark in Infinity War where he gets Stormbreaker.

Iron Man 219 is another perfect example of a Movie directly influencing a comic and causing it to increase in value and become much more desirable or A Small KEY...Once it became known Ghost was going to be in AM2, The Book instantly increased in value

Shuri's Popularity in Black Panther has Caused Her comics to become Keys Issues and really increase in Valuable

There are literally maybe DOZENS of examples of Movies directly causing Comics to increase in Value and become Keys/more desirable ...

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, Just kinda stunned by your statement of "Movies do not determine "key" comics"

could you try to explain to me better why you think that so I can try to at least understand where your coming from ?.

That's not how "keys" work.

Comic book keys are not relative to comic book movies.

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

How do you define a key comic? My definition is a book that is more expensive than its neighbors in the same run.  What is yours?

So one-shots can't be key? Only a few early ASMs are key because some of the keys are worth more than others? A random Batman appearance in a third-tier title is key?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/key In which definition is value mentioned?

OPG-Key.jpg.669740c73d5dbb5d07816f8656e98d73.jpg

As generally irrelevant as it now is, I guess the OPG just forgot to mention value as well.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

So one-shots can't be key? Only a few early ASMs are key because some of the keys are worth more than others? A random Batman appearance in a third-tier title is key?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/key In which definition is value mentioned?

OPG-Key.jpg.669740c73d5dbb5d07816f8656e98d73.jpg

As generally irrelevant as it now is, I guess the OPG just forgot to mention value as well.

Someone on eBay recently bought Hulk #14-17 (1st Red She Hulk arc) for $10.50!  How's THAT for value?!  ^^

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Dang, is it necessary to give OP such a hard time?

For most people, no. 

For a select few on these boards, very much so.

The best thing is to ignore them, like a child throwing a tantrum.

We all know what kind of list the OP wants to make.

My feedback is, I would not consider every issue of a run to be on that list.  X-23 #1 maybe, but not the full run.

Edited by Heronext

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

And even then, what happens in 10 years when the memory of the movie has long faded or been eclipsed by something else?

what happens in 1000 years when the memory of Spider-Man has long faded or been eclipsed by something else?