• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmit CGC SS comics for a press & cleaning and regrade?

4 posts in this topic

Would I be able to to submit a CGC Signature Series comic for a press/clean  through CGC (CCS) pressing service? 

.... CCS would open the case, press and clean the comic, then resubmit the comic for grading to CGC.

Would the initial CGC Signature Series status still be honored when the comic is regraded? Would the comic get a “yellow” label or a “green” label upon regrading?

25 minutes ago, Haupia said:

Would I be able to to submit a CGC Signature Series comic for a press/clean  through CGC (CCS) pressing service? 

.... CCS would open the case, press and clean the comic, then resubmit the comic for grading to CGC.

Would the initial CGC Signature Series status still be honored when the comic is regraded? Would the comic get a “yellow” label or a “green” label upon regrading?

Yellow label if CCS is doing the pressing work.

Correct, if you are submitting it to CCS the yellow label will stay, as long as the slab is intact.

If it is a special label that is no longer available, i.e. the Stan Lee label, you might lose that and get a standard label instead.