• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to take a break from buying?

116 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

When you have to start doing things you wouldn't be proud to tell your parents about to get whatever garbage variant or flavor of the week book is hot at the time.

I've only done those for Georgio's (an Italian-style pizza place)...

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I almost bought a lethal protector today. 9.8 good deal.

Should I save this question for my therapist?

Buy what you want, not what anyone else wants.  Purge anything that means nothing to you, but kept in case you might be able to trade it one day.

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

My wife took the comic book budget and changed it into travel budget. Hoping I can grab a couple of bucks soon and slide it back into the comic buying budget. 

It's cool. Get to see lots of crazy far off places. 

And what comics dont take you to crazy far off places?

1 hour ago, Bookery said:

A collector about an hour from me just donated his 180,000 comics to a university.  I guess the "magic level" for taking a break is 180,000.

Wonder if UCLA would take my drek? Maybe the local community college would. 

Just now, Brian48 said:

My last purchase was 4/12/2018 according to my records.  Bid on a few losing items since, but was just not motivated to really chase any them. I'm not saying I'm completely out of the hobby, but I've more than slowed down as far as collecting goes.

Sounds like it to me.