• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to take a break from buying?

116 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Where were you when this happened? 

On 5/16/2019 at 5:26 PM, NoMan said:

But I forget where I've been. That's a big problem. Like yesterday I was walking the dog on a mountain trail here and suddenly a man crawled out of the bushes with knee pads, papers and a magnifying glass. He had some flowers pressed in a book. He claimed to be a scientist from UC Riverside who was studying flowers. I tried to tell him where I've been scuba diving around the world but I forgot about Xcalak in the Yucatan. But I did remember that town where they bury people and than one year later dig them up and lay their corpse out in the graveyard. Pomuch near Campeche. You want to talk about strange?

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/pomuch-cemetery

Ha! I had to collect and press flowers/plants for Systematic Botany in college so it doesn't sound too strange for me!

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 5/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

My comics...along with my other assets...will go to my heirs.

Or I'll just burn them with me in my funeral pyre... :D

I'm doing a viking funeral and a couple of my books are going with me.

It's in my will, and everything goes to charity unless this is done.

when the value of my comic collection exceeds 50% of my net worth.

when my bank acct falls below a certain threshold.

when the prices for everything being sold that I want are significantly higher than gpa and/or exceeds the price/opportunity cost of more enjoyable life pursuits not unlike what was already mentioned.. for me it was snorkeling in the no name beach in Bon Aire, and relaxing in Curacao, taking my family on a Disney Cruise and giving my 2 kids the experience of a lifetime making great memories.

8 minutes ago, justafan said:

when the value of my comic collection exceeds 50% of my net worth.

when my bank acct falls below a certain threshold.

when the prices for everything being sold that I want are significantly higher than gpa 

Seems to be heading in that direction.

Maybe CGC needs to become the modern day overstreet,when it comes to graded companies,rather than sellers setting their own ridiculous prices on items.

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

then* (although the addition of "then" is entirely unnecessary)

It started making sense 5 minutes ago.

Excellent.

Actually, *than was a direction, and then is a point in time. I was asking you if it made sense,than?

Edited by Hollywood1892
Incomplete

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Seems to be heading in that direction.

Maybe CGC needs to become the modern day overstreet,when it comes to graded companies,rather than sellers setting their own ridiculous prices on items.

Huh? 

EDIT: Oh.

Edited by MR SigS
Oh.

1 minute ago, MR SigS said:

Huh? 

We need policing on the evaluation of comics instead of wide spread peice variants.( not the comic book variant)

For example I bought an edge of spiderverse for $500 and one for 585, nothing g wrong with the seller asking his price on the 585 or the fact I cut $70 off the other one,but without pricing sellers do not have to be accountable.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

We need policing on the evaluation of comics instead of wide spread peice variants.( not the comic book variant)

For example I bought an edge of spiderverse for $500 and one for 585, nothing g wrong with the seller asking his price on the 585 or the fact I cut $70 off the other one,but without pricing sellers do not have to be accountable.

I thought you were saying CGC had control over the prices.

2 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

I thought you were saying CGC had control over the prices.

Did I say that? I thought I said they are gaining control over the slabbing,not actual pricing,though I think if they are slabbing they should set the evaluation on the product they are slabbing.

Armani makes suits,dont they make a suggested retail price?

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Excellent.

Actually, *than was a direction, and then is a point in time. I was asking you if it made sense,than?

Wrong usage of "than", dude. You may want to register for a collegiate course in English. I'll help you, though:

"Would you rather I use 'then' than 'than'?"

"Doesn't make much sense, then, does it?"

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Wrong usage of "than", dude. You may want to register for a collegiate course in English. I'll help you, though:

"Would you rather I use 'then' than 'than'?"

"Doesn't make much sense, then, does it?"

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2017/06/12/than-or-then-confusables/

Check it out

Please tell me your not gonna argue with Oxford dictionaries?

I'm telling you "makes sense,than,dont it?"

Not "it made sense to you back then?"

Edited by Hollywood1892
Incomplete