• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Detective 38 1.8
1 1

43 posts in this topic

I will say this that is an ideal looking 1.8 with nice pages. As someone who collects these grades or, “entry level” copies this is what you look for. You always pay a premium but it’s most likely a lot of folks best shot at owning a major key. Not a bidder just wanted to chime in if anyone wins it here that’s my kind of copy right there 👍 

16 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Down to $5500 now.  I knew it was too good to be true.  I wonder if there was a glitch or something.  Very strange.

16 hours ago, rabidwolf said:

For it to have been at 51000 doesn’t that mean there is/was an underbid of 50k

Yes, if the auction software is working properly, this means that there should have been 2 bidders that would have made the same typo in terms of incorrectly adding in an extra zero at the end of their bid.  hm

21 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Clear outlier mate.

21 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I know but that’s the third one in a year ( the two 3.0’s ? ).

Too lazy to search, but what were the first 2 from this past year that you considered to be outliers?  ???

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Too lazy to search, but what were the first 2 from this past year that you considered to be outliers?  ???

I think there was a three point no it went for 57K? That was an auction book and then Bob storm had a 3.0 that went for 37K about a month later I believe. I think both of those were in the past year

38 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I think there was a three point no it went for 57K? That was an auction book and then Bob storm had a 3.0 that went for 37K about a month later I believe. I think both of those were in the past year

I believe you are referring to this copy here then:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=676931

Sold for $54,010  :whatthe: and this was back in the Spring of 2017.

Without this sale on CC, I believe Bob's copy wouldn't have sold as it apparently sold within the hour of the CC auction result. hm