• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Nancy Drew we've been waiting for!!

9 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I know I'm not tuned into current pop culture, don't have any 11-12 year old children, however, I swear all these CW shows look the same. 

Yeah, watching the trailer it could have been the next season of Riverdale.

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

I don't mind pop culture and/or entertainment dumbed down so as to be accessible to as many pocket books as possible but when the powers that be find a wining formula do they have to beat it to death? Over and over and over. Can I have a big budget thought provoking documentary on Stan Lee/Jack Kirby/Steve Ditko or a fictional film based on The Men Of Tomorrow? Does it all have to be Iron Man 15 or Transformers 27? Can you use some of those big profits the superhero movies make to financially shore up, I dunno, a film that's something a little different? You'd think even the people these films appeal to would get tired of it at some point. 

Wish I could just drink the Kool-Aid. In all areas of life. 

Edited by NoMan

Yeah, its all the same show on some level...but if it aint broke dont fix it. They have a very specific audience that wants to be told similar stories over and over and over again. Nothing wrong with giving the folks what they want. Who knows, might be the best version of this show yet.

8 hours ago, thunsicker said:

True, Betty goes around investigating and playing Nancy Drew a lot in Riverdale. Still this looks like the best Nancy Drew trailer I've seen. But I haven't watched any Nancy Drew movies yet. I think there is a movie coming out soon with the It actress.

7 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

When I was a kid I remember my sister and me reading Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books. Those books were damn good.

Here is hoping for a hit.

:wishluck:

Three Investigators is good too.