• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Bang Series Finale Tonight

21 posts in this topic

Couldn't stand that show, it was just painful for me to try and watch it.  It's even worse when you see the clips on youtube where they have pulled the laugh track out.  How it became such a huge hit I'll never know, but props to all involved who rode that gravy train for 12 years.

Edited by media_junkie

I was always a massive fan of Big Bang but its another sitcom that is the victim of its own success and past the date of being ended.

All of these characters have completed their story arc without any more growth possible.

Leonard is more confident and finally won the heart of the woman of his dreams.
Penny found she did love Leonard, she's become a career focused woman who seems to have given up on acting and to be honest she's been treading water these last 2 seasons, really offering nothing and seemingly downgraded to a secondary character.

Sheldon is the focus of the show, he's grown, no longer lives with Leonard and is married. Arc finished.
Same as Amy.

Howard has gone from comical lech to family man even though you never see the two kids. Bernadette has had some character changes to when she was first introduced but she's been pretty much the same since.

And Raj the Loveless, who is now entering into an arranged marriage but finds out he does love the girl, his being the only arc that hasn't been completed.

The show was always about clever jokes, nerdy moments and character growth but they reached that peak seasons ago and the whole thing has quickly become unfunny and a chore to sit through. I gave up on this last season after a few episodes as it just wasn't the same. I will still revisit the earlier seasons when I want a laugh but they never learned from Seinfeld, Jerry always said it was best to go out on a high note and for Big Bang, that was a long time ago.

2 hours ago, bane said:

I was always a massive fan of Big Bang but its another sitcom that is the victim of its own success and past the date of being ended.

All of these characters have completed their story arc without any more growth possible.

Leonard is more confident and finally won the heart of the woman of his dreams.
Penny found she did love Leonard, she's become a career focused woman who seems to have given up on acting and to be honest she's been treading water these last 2 seasons, really offering nothing and seemingly downgraded to a secondary character.

Sheldon is the focus of the show, he's grown, no longer lives with Leonard and is married. Arc finished.
Same as Amy.

Howard has gone from comical lech to family man even though you never see the two kids. Bernadette has had some character changes to when she was first introduced but she's been pretty much the same since.

And Raj the Loveless, who is now entering into an arranged marriage but finds out he does love the girl, his being the only arc that hasn't been completed.

The show was always about clever jokes, nerdy moments and character growth but they reached that peak seasons ago and the whole thing has quickly become unfunny and a chore to sit through. I gave up on this last season after a few episodes as it just wasn't the same. I will still revisit the earlier seasons when I want a laugh but they never learned from Seinfeld, Jerry always said it was best to go out on a high note and for Big Bang, that was a long time ago.

I thought it was pretty good last night

The only letdown was Raj's arc was left unfulfilled

The show could have ended a few seasons ago but it was a funny show in its heyday

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

The show could have ended a few seasons ago but it was a funny show in its heyday

I always thought Raj might get his own spin off show.

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

Ties with "My Three Sons" as longest-running multi-camera comedy sitcom in TV history. 12 years (probably about 5-6 years beyond its high point)

1 minute ago, bane said:

I always thought Raj might get his own spin off show.

makes sense, they said they had a show in the works but I don't think they are going to do it

That kind of screws him now! 

I was glad to see Stewart and Kripke get into the final episode and it was funny...I was thinking of the elevator yesterday afternoon out of the blue and low and behold it's resolved!!

46 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Wow, lot of anger towards the show.

I loved every season and thought the finale was a warm and touching way to close out the series. I especially liked the last few minutes of "Young Sheldon" which showed child versions of all the actors and actresses from Big Bang.

What anger?? 

You mean opinions? Yeah I get those two mixed up all the time.

1 hour ago, NamesJay said:

Wow, lot of anger towards the show.

I loved every season and thought the finale was a warm and touching way to close out the series. I especially liked the last few minutes of "Young Sheldon" which showed child versions of all the actors and actresses from Big Bang.

Yeah, that was pretty cool. The whole episode of Young Sheldon was pretty cool and poignant.

I thought the final episode was good! I always loved the nerdy/geeky, comic and pop culture things in the show. 

Loved with episode when girls started arguing about who would be worthy enough to pick up Thor hammer