• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLink Spring Featured Auction
1 1

96 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Back in 1989 or so, you could have gotten a nice little stack of McSpidey splashes for $1K.  This list comes from The Spider's Web, which apparently was Todd McFarlane and his brother-in-law's store.  McSpidey covers at this time were priced at between $750 and $1,000, apparently.  Cheers, Lee

McFarlane_ad2.jpg

This is why I NEVER read old comic art ads. I can't handle the heart ache!

Some of the revealed reserves as totally loony toons....beyond optimism, beyond irrational exuberance, beyond mistaken conversion from USD to Nigerian Naira, and ranging into "admissible evidence in a competency trial" arena. 

6 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Some of the revealed reserves as totally loony toons....beyond optimism, beyond irrational exuberance, beyond mistaken conversion from USD to Nigerian Naira, and ranging into "admissible evidence in a competency trial" arena. 

The O'BARR Crow Pages are a head scratcher. Good Luck to the seller.

2 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

The O'BARR Crow Pages are a head scratcher. Good Luck to the seller.

Thanks for pointing me towards them. Wow...look at that.

Reserve at nearly 250% of the last actual bid. 

Woo....spicy. 

I'm the opposite.  If my consignments end where they are, I would be content (not happy but content)

Most of the stuff I am watching is at the edge of my max and now I'm just seeing if I want to go higher (and hope I don't get caught up in auction fever)

Malvin

It’s the quiet period like right before the [insert pro league] draft.  Rumors and misdirection are swirling as chaos is ready to break loose! [queue dramatic sound effects]. Or maybe not...its a workday after all :-)

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DGobbledygook%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1317423&id=1317423&itemType=1

Very cool and surprisingly affordable, so far. Dug up the gobbledygook 1 cover oa (fugitoid) went for >$5k in 2011 on HA. Granted the #1 is a much more desirable piece imo...

20 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

Still high bidder on 6 items, I should take home a couple tonight.

Item I am most curious to see hammer is the Mignola Hellboy Cover. A bargain rigjt now if you think his earlier work is the most desirable.

That's a gem the current price