• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man Noir #1 Difference?

29 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Why would I want 2 copies of the same book..?

It's a free market economy. Your suggestion is asinine. That's the nicest way I can put it. The "common collector" in playing cards doesn't buy Lotrek decks, just as the "common collector" in comics doesn't buy Golden Age first appearances. It's the way collecting works. There is a set supply and the smaller the supply the more it costs. With the ever-expanding number of collectors prices are only going to go up. There is no policing it. It won't happen.

You know what "policing" did for MtG? Wizards of the Coast created the Reserved List, never to print cards again, and prices continue to skyrocket. A little different, because they print the cards themselves, but "collecting police" would only serve collectors, and guess what collectors want? Valuable collectibles! It wouldn't work the way you think it would. Quite the opposite.

Good point.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

1. Since when?

2. Is that a quote from the movies that are mostly fabricated dialogue and events..?

3. Apple products are compatible with the majority of technology...

4. Apple phones are the herd...

5. CGC makes transparent efforts to improve a lot. They are in no way, shape or form "absolute". CGC is an independent third-party unbiased comic evaluation brand. If you buy the book and not the label you will not be "confused" about pricing. CGC's services are valuable because of their "guarantee" for their products. Multiple unbiased graders, restoration check, Signature Series, etc.

Thank you for defending CGC, TwoPiece.  :) 

The reason I use their service over the other grading companies is because when I buy a CGC graded book, I can be pretty sure the grade will be accurate, a thorough restoration check has been done, and the book will have the correct page quality noted on the label. In other words, I trust them to do their job correctly. I don't think they're arrogant in their superiority, but I do think they're confident in their system and themselves...   

11 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do I have to pay for this?

You either pay for it or make friends with someone else that does.

You can also find sales data from GoCollect but I am not sure how accurate that is yet as I have not reviewed the two to see differences.  I do know that GPA is specific to CGC.

30 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

You either pay for it or make friends with someone else that does.

You can also find sales data from GoCollect but I am not sure how accurate that is yet as I have not reviewed the two to see differences.  I do know that GPA is specific to CGC.

I've checked out gocollect and according to them,everyone of my comics suck and have depreciated in value in the very short time I have owned them.

Pure Garbage!!!

20190512_073309.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I've checked out gocollect and according to them,everyone of my comics suck and have depreciated in value in the very short time I have owned them.

Pure Garbage!!!

20190512_073309.jpg

I agree all of that is garbage.

But that is because it is yours, if those were mine they would all be fantastic pieces of amazement! :baiting:

P.S. Except Thanos 13, that one I like no matter who owns it.  So says Happy Thanos!

image.png.24949cc405f6d31e4e25bea72c39ca90.png