• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

may i present my rarest comic? [and its colleagues]

32 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2019 at 1:19 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

A no note label. I find those absolutely fascinating. I imagine there are no interior credits...?

You should see the labels on some Cdn whites.   Not even a date.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:07 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Yeah, Alex probably would've painted her blowing bubble-gum that pops explosively in his face.   hm

Are there any particular covers or work you’re thinking of when you say that Cat?  When I think I think of Schomburgs work nothing along those lines comes immediately to mind.   What you described sounds like an Elvgren scene to me

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

Are there any particular covers or work you’re thinking of when you say that Cat?  When I think I think of Schomburgs work nothing along those lines comes immediately to mind.   What you described sounds like an Elvgren scene to me

None specifically, but I'm sure Alex would've appreciated the Elvgren comparison given that artist's prestige at pin-up illustration art.

I was just reimagining how this would look with a classic (non-fatal) Schomburg explosion thrown in for good measure. :grin:

3 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

None specifically, but I'm sure Alex would've appreciated the Elvgren comparison given that artist's prestige at pin-up illustration art.

I was just reimagining how this would look with a classic (non-fatal) Schomburg explosion thrown in for good measure. :grin:

Well,  I didn't actually compare schomburg to Elvgren because I don't think the two have much in common thematically.    

Both wonderful artists though!    

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

Well,  I didn't actually compare schomburg to Elvgren because I don't think the two have much in common thematically.    

Both wonderful artists though!    

Point taken Bronty, but why not? It doesn't require that much imagination to picture a shocked Elvgren model facing unanticipated public embarrassment from an exploding bra strap or caught by an intimately revealing camera flash in negligee.  Intensity of the moment, ...that was Alex's wheelhouse.  

Imagine a momentous apparel malfunction or revealing flash bulb explosion increasing visceral excitement on a grand scale ...prurient interest notwithstanding.  Wouldn't this be good speculative fodder for an artist collaboration in an alternative universe?  :headbang:

Hey, I'd like to read Straw-Man's take on this too, ...after all, Billy started the thread!  (:

:tink: