• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this pressing damage?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2019 at 9:49 PM, silverseeker said:

I totally agree with this...I've seen (and bought) several books that have what looks like a "wiggly wrinkle" (say that quick five times) in the middle of the front cover, and they will often have a "mirror image" on the back cover.

I'm not sure what causes this particular defect, but I find it much less noticeable than (and preferable to) a prototypical production crease.

On your book, I'd say Diablo was a victim of a wiggly wrinkle! :smile:

The waves on the top edge can be the result of a poor press or the inner well being too tight. I have cracked out a lot of slabs where the book looks wavy in the well and lays flat once released from its tomb. 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, topofthetotem said:

You sound like a stand up guy and while a very good outcome for both you and Joey is fantastic it doesn’t change the fact that your experience no matter how positive is nothing more then your experience.

I’m Positive you don’t expect Joey to cut you a cheque when a book comes back lower then anticipated, do you?  

What would be fair is if CGC didn’t have a potential conflict of interest in their pricing. The higher it grades the more it’s worth the more you pay. I’m not saying that they do this but why even have the temptation or appearance of it?! Charge a flat fee regardless of value.  

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

What would be fair is if CGC didn’t have a potential conflict of interest in their pricing. The higher it grades the more it’s worth the more you pay. I’m not saying that they do this but why even have the temptation or appearance of it?! Charge a flat fee regardless of value.  

If there's ever going to be a day for miracles, this is it...  :bigsmile:

7 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I agree a book is a book is a book.