• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a simpleton. Need help with "new" board software....

15 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I'm lost:preach:

A couple things to get started.....

How do I nest quotes....

And how do I delete a post?

Help me:ohnoez:

Hello :)

how do I delete a post?

You can only hide a post, not delete it. To do that, select 'hide' from the options button at the foot of your post like so:

Screenshot_2019-05-18-09-48-17.thumb.png.f390364b6d112aa9e83aeb8f9b0fc7c5.png

Click on that and it will be permanently hidden I believe.  

You can't hide the first post of a new thread, only amend it. The only exception is in the sales area I believe:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/410491-please-check-out-the-mark-as-sold-function/

How do I nest quotes....

To do this you need to select the posts you want to quote by highlighting them like so, to bring up the 'quote selection' button:

Screenshot_2019-05-18-09-57-22.thumb.png.955972e599425ff607e0663215425175.png

Click on the button and the nested quotes will appear in your new post.

Some wally got the admin team to make the test area 'user only' viewing so you can create a thread there, reply to it and practice quoting yourself / hiding posts:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/11-testing-1-2-3/

No one will see it but you. 

Good luck :)

Edited by Get Marwood & I
What Wally Wood do that!

12 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

FWIW, I sometimes have trouble highlighting text in a way that brings up the "quote selection" button, for some reason it won't function.

Yeah, I have the same issue. 

49 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

FWIW, I sometimes have trouble highlighting text in a way that brings up the "quote selection" button, for some reason it won't function.

Yeah, I have the same issue. 

45 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

It depends on which browser you are using. Some functions will work other browsers that I intend to test them.  Two of them are not reliable - Microsoft Internet Explorer and Safari.  I heard that IE will be abandoned by Microsoft.

I've found that, if your on a computer...

After highlighting the text to quote 

If you right click then the quotation selection will come up faster...

If your on your phone...

After highlighting the text...

Scroll the page up or down with your finger, keeping the text highlighted

And the the quote selection will appear faster...

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you right click then the quotation selection will come up faster...

My two kids beat up my mouse. I can't right click anymore even the rubber roller was torn off.

Lol no worries, but usually the quotation shows fast enough, by the time it doesn't I figure people will forget my little hack anyway :foryou:

I would say get a new mouse, but you can probably live without right clicking lol

56 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol no worries, but usually the quotation shows fast enough, by the time it doesn't I figure people will forget my little hack anyway :foryou:

I would say get a new mouse, but you can probably live without right clicking lol

They broke the fourth mouse. I told them I have done buying other mouse. They have to learn how to use the broken mouse.

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Thank you :foryou:

You're welcome Mr B. If you need anything else, just ask.

3 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Yes, the function can be temperamental and sometimes you have to try a few times to bring the button up. Good to see that affects all of us, as I often wondered if it was my crappy broadband or something. Could be coincidence,  but I find that you get a better chance of raising the function button first time if you make sure you include the circle with the grey downward pointing arrow in the highlighted text (see below, to the left of '2 hours'):

1190415326_2019-05-1817_23_52.png.8bef4c6ddbbd0288bf740ceb38ede012.png