• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Aero #25 (LB Cole Sci-Fi Classic Cover): Submitting a book with a married centerfold
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi Boardies,

Please bear with me as i've never submitted a married book, nor have I ever cracked out a slab with a married centerfold and inspected the book. 

If you were to submit a book with a married centerfold, do you just stick the married and detached centerfold into the book and submit.  If so, shouldn't the qualified label note "married and detached centerfold"?  I've never seen a "married and detached centerfold" notation, only "married centerfold."  However, an original but detached centerfold will often be noted as "detached centerfold" on a qualified or blue label.  On the other hand, if you were to re-attach a married centerfold by opening up staples and punching new staple holes through the centerfold in order to improve the appearance of the book, isn't that considered resto?   Would appreciate the insight of more experienced submitters.

TLDR version:

If you insert a married centerfold into a comic without trying to reattach it and submit that book, will you receive a Green label with a "married centerfold" designation, or a "married and detached centerfold" designation?  Thanks

Edited by davet75

1 hour ago, davet75 said:

bump.  I'm sure someone on here knows the answer...

As with many grading questions, there is never a single answer. It depends. If this is a lower grade book it may get a blue label with a married centerfold designation. Mid grade to higher would probably get a Green Label. You have a legitimate question but when nobody answers it indicates a tough question. 

Here is the Captain Aero 25 blue label slab with missing centerfold, and my raw copy with the centerfold detached.  In your opinion, what label and grade would you give the blue slab book married to the detached centerfold?  Thanks!

20190520_214423.jpg20190520_214532.jpg20190520_223015.jpg20190520_220239.jpg

20190520_220204.jpg

20190520_220257.jpg

Edited by davet75

14 hours ago, davet75 said:

Here is the Captain Aero 25 blue label slab with missing centerfold, and my raw copy with the centerfold detached.  In your opinion, what label and grade would you give the blue slab book married to the detached centerfold?  Thanks!

2.0 green Qualified label with the notation "Married Centerfold."