• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League Vs. Suicide Squad 1 Paolo Pantalena variant

10 posts in this topic

The 3 versions of this Variant mentioned on the facebook page below don't seem to have come out at the time - with the basic color version being released by DC later as their Local Comic Shop Day edition mentioning it as previously unpublished 

https://www.facebook.com/TransitiveComics/

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG178121

checking the CGC registry however they have a single copy listed of Paolo Pantalena cover variants A,B & C 

so does anyone know were they printed but not distributed? is the LCSD issue the A variant as originally printed and re-purposed?

If they did print the original B & C variants ("Negative Color" & Virgin Art") are the CGC submitted copies from someone on the creative team? 

Edited by David Buck

On 5/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, David Buck said:

The 3 versions of this Variant mentioned on the facebook page below don't seem to have come out at the time - with the basic color version being released by DC later as their Local Comic Shop Day edition mentioning it as previously unpublished 

https://www.facebook.com/TransitiveComics/

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG178121

checking the CGC registry however they have a single copy listed of Paolo Pantalena cover variants A,B & C 

so does anyone know were they printed but not distributed? is the LCSD issue the A variant as originally printed and re-purposed?

If they did print the original B & C variants ("Negative Color" & Virgin Art") are the CGC submitted copies from someone on the creative team? 

I believe there was a issue prior to printing the full run, but the comp issues for the creative team were given out. Its most likely that someone on the team sold there copy.

8 minutes ago, Avi said:

I believe there was a issue prior to printing the full run, but the comp issues for the creative team were given out. Its most likely that someone on the team sold there copy.

It says right in the comics of the Facebook link what happened. Maybe the OP didn't read that far?

Yes, I think you are correct that some did make it out, but not many.

Edited by ygogolak

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It says right in the comics of the Facebook link what happened. Maybe the OP didn't read that far?

Yes, I think you are correct that some did make it out, but not many.

Ah yeah, there it is, comments werent showing up when I looked on the page either. Just remember this happening when they canceled my order.

I did read the comment but I didn't want to to take one comment in isolation as the definitive answer when I could find nothing else online to confirm it - hence me asking here - If the creative team complimentary copies are all that exist then it'll be interesting to see what they fetch if some eventually come up for auction  - still curious though whether the LCSD version is the original printing of the A cover or a second run. 

2 hours ago, David Buck said:

I did read the comment but I didn't want to to take one comment in isolation as the definitive answer when I could find nothing else online to confirm it - hence me asking here - If the creative team complimentary copies are all that exist then it'll be interesting to see what they fetch if some eventually come up for auction  - still curious though whether the LCSD version is the original printing of the A cover or a second run. 

I doubt the first run was ever fully printed without payment. So I guess the samples are the original printing? and the LCSD will be a second run?

Just speculating, we might never know for sure...please dont call the print run police on me, we have enough of that already.

56 minutes ago, Avi said:

I doubt the first run was ever fully printed without payment. So I guess the samples are the original printing? and the LCSD will be a second run?

Just speculating, we might never know for sure...please dont call the print run police on me, we have enough of that already.

That's 100% what happened.

Some one had been doing store variants and selling them on places like the CGC boards. I can't remember what his name was, I'm sure its not hard to find.

But apparently this is what happened,

Person A started doing some store variants and piggy backed off of person B. Person B had a diamond account and a store, Person A did not. Person A put together a variant cover and gave all of the diamond information to DC comics and the books were printed and delivered to the store. Person B didn't know anything about the variant and was surprised to get the books in the mail and a bill for the books. Person A apparently ghosted person B once the books were delivered. Person B was some how able to return the books to Diamond.

This is how I remember it happening.

23 hours ago, David Buck said:

What happened to the Facebook page?