• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Nickel City Con Report
2 2

94 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, bababooey said:

:popcorn: I was there yesterday, 6 comics two t-shirts! 

I bought less than six comics and zero t-shirts.  Since I was in a buying mood, I retreated to my LCS (https://www.facebook.com/queencitybookstore/) to poke around. 
IMG_20190518_134102978_HDR.thumb.jpg.fa517abd43b91159876c7819f9a297b7.jpg

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

This year looks to be a tough one for vendors and fans alike. With MegaCon Orlando moving up their show so as not to have vendors working on Memorial Day weekend and other shows (Motor City and East Coast) also this weekend, there was no way that this show was going to book higher end guests. It was great meeting Joe Jusko... and if there was more for me to do, I definitely would have added my name to his sketch list and picked up today or tomorrow. Perhaps next year.

12 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20190518_120427029.thumb.jpg.818117b5fcf612c658c29b1b7964cea8.jpg

Did you buy anything there? $50 for ASM 363 tells me all I need to know about that show.

Prices were silly.  I didn't see many books being purchased. 

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20190518_122800738.thumb.jpg.03c79fba7afba3b8e1eca99fc1c1be2a.jpg

Well my power is out due to a storm, so thank you for the entertainment until my phone loses charge lol

Maybe I'll read by battery powered lights....

2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20190518_110519491.thumb.jpg.d588e259cfa439cfa9df7f5bfd6d1e9e.jpg

I do like it when there are multiple short boxes of slabs to look through as there was here.

Edited by Ron C.

Wow, $32.50 for that waste of time? I’d be pizzed. Did they have a dealer list on their website? They must have been desperate to have insurance and nut vendors. I didn’t know any of the Ramones were still alive. Looks like nobody cared. 

My town had a pretty decent show but has whittled down to about the same. 3 vintage comic dealers I see all the time and a bunch of modern comic artists I don’t even know about. Lots of cosplay though. $40 admission. I haven’t been in several years despite being 15-20 minutes away. I even turned down a free dealers badge last time. 

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well my power is out due to a storm, so thank you for the entertainment until my phone loses charge lol

Maybe I'll read by battery powered lights....

The power is back on! ^^

3 hours ago, Ron C. said:

This year looks to be a tough one for vendors and fans alike. With MegaCon Orlando moving up their show so as not to have vendors working on Memorial Day weekend and other shows (Motor City and East Coast) also this weekend, there was no way that this show was going to book higher end guests. 

Tidewater is also going on at Virginia Beach this weekend, the states biggest con. That's a boatload of shows at once.