• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping costs for CGC

28 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The cost of shipping either one or two comics together is probably about the same. The second book does not add much to the cost as long as they are shipped together. In your situation, you chose one to be pressed, resulting in two seperate shipments. In general, you cannot ask CGC to hold on to the first book waiting for the other book to be pressed. Technically they are paying insurance on all books in house. This is why they ship it out when ready. You can ask CGC, say this is you first shipment and was not aware of such details. Trust me, from experience, this will not be the only newbie mistake you will make. In general, it is much cheaper to ship multiple copies together. Add some volume. One book at a time is killer. 

So shipping, say 10 at a time, is more cost effective than shipping two.

21 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

In this case, get the second book pressed. 

I would say this might also work out to be cheaper for you and the other book, even though you might not see the need, could benefit from it also.

Play around with the submission system just don't actually submit it fully until you are ready.  I did that to estimate cost before I took my stuff into a convention I was getting signed.  Just increased the prices of the services from normal grading to the SS when appropriate.