• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Britain 1

2 posts in this topic

I have a Captain Britain 1 that has a broken CGC case. I wanted to get it resubmit it but I wanted to have it pressed at the same time. My concern is whether or not the mask is still inside cause I don't want to get a GLOD. Does CGC usually leave these masks or take them out prior too grading?

On 5/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, AJ0605 said:

I have a Captain Britain 1 that has a broken CGC case. I wanted to get it resubmit it but I wanted to have it pressed at the same time. My concern is whether or not the mask is still inside cause I don't want to get a GLOD. Does CGC usually leave these masks or take them out prior too grading?

If your book is already in a CGC case with a blue label and indicates the mask is included and intact, then it should stay that way barring some massive disaster in transit to CGC.  Is the case so badly damaged that the book and mask could actually be removed from the case?  The safest way to to ensure the label stays the same (assuming it's a blue label) while getting the book deslabbed, pressed and resubmitted would be to go through CCS for a press with direct submission to CGC for grading.  CCS should be able to press the book without damaging or detaching the mask and then it goes straight to CGC for regrading the pressed book while retaining the universal blue label.