• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 43 CGC 7.0 closing tonight on ComicLink Tues 5/28 at 10:42:05 PM EDT
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Detective 43 CGC 7.0 off-white to white Universal

Bondage cover

In case anyone is looking to fill a hole in their collection of early Tecs, this is currently in auction on ComicLink, closing May 28.  Good luck with your bidding.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions_first.asp&id=1310447

683328214_Tec43front100b.jpg.ef1fa27bd797abf6ed567473744cd1d8.jpg

Edited by Jim Corrigan

Hi Jim,

no longer possible to chase a copy but love the book ( and especially the cover) that much that I threw in a few bids anyway.

Good luck !

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Gonna bump this to first page cause Tec 43 cover is just too :x

What?!?!  It wasn't on the first page? What kind of gin joint is this??  :whatthe:  lol  Thanks, Peter.  :foryou:

6 hours ago, Bat34 said:

Great book!  Good luck!

Thank you, sir.  I think it will do well.  It's only one of 16 at this grade or higher and there are more than a few registry sets missing this book.  I wouldn't mind seeing a board member snag it and add it to their registry, keeping it in the family so to speak.

I always enjoy reading the copy ComicLink writes for the auction pages.  That's a job I might enjoy having.  Kudos to the ComicLink wordsmith.  Well said!  An excerpt:

Any time you have a combination of misty seaside docks and a full moon, you have a classic setting for the Batman doing his steely brand of vigilante justice. The Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson cover collaboration for Detective Comics #43 features Robin held hostage in a boat by a typical crew of Gotham goons, who are about to experience the iron-fisted wrath of the Dark Knight! The offered example for this September, 1940 issue is a nice one, that's certified at the Fine/Very Fine CGC 7.0 tier. Adding to its desirability, it also has near newsstand-fresh Off-White to White Pages. Not a book that gets offered in higher unrestored grade very often, this is the single nicest example for Detective #43 that we have brought to auction during the past 6 years. The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide lists this issue in the condition offered for $1945.

What many don't realize is that grades above 7.0 are VERY tough to come by. There is the lone 9.4 (Billy Wright pedigree) and then the next grade is 8.0 !

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 5/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

That is a great cover! GLWS

Thank you, kind sir!

On 5/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, Gotham Kid said:

What many don't realize is that grades above 7.0 are VERY tough to come by. There is the lone 9.4 (Billy Wright pedigree) and then the next grade is 8.0 !

Absolutely, Peter.  There are hardly any sales recorded on GPA for this book in any grade and even fewer for copies 6.0 and above, at least since GPA has been keeping track of sales. 

Edited by Jim Corrigan