• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is happening to the hobby?
2 2

411 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, calamerica2 said:

To TwoPiece:

Let him learn the HARD way. Trust me, he is a NEWBIE who has only been here since Feb. Three months?

CAL2, who is the veteran of many CGC Forum Wars, and I mean WARS...

I've learned that he doesn't learn. So what do I do now?

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I haven't, but when I was in prison,this guy used to go on about it all the time,and he was quite convincing,for an average insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

The "average" IQ is about 120. A person with an average IQ would not be convinced that the Earth is flat.

Do you mean a Brick Tamland..?

Just now, TwoPiece said:

I'm learning that I have to appeal to your higher ego your highness.

But let's get back to topic.

I think Variants are spamming comics,despite their rarity,low print run and higher value,but I do like the virgin variants for the simple reason that it gives the artist work more exposure without the added...what would I call that TwoPiece...stickles?

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Ignore him.

CAL2 who has the experience...

Wow, I hadn't realized IMIS had tripled in value. Thank gawd you wisely invested in that book instead of dogs like Iron Man 1 or Spidey Ditkos. 

I'm not sure I'd be bragging about that book tripling in value in twenty years, especially since you are doing much of the purchasing.

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I haven't, but when I was in prison,this guy used to go on about it all the time,and he was quite convincing,for an average insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

May I ask you WHAT were you in prison for? Fair Q, as YOU posted this info...

CAL2 who is a curious cat...

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm learning that I have to appeal to your higher ego your highness.

But let's get back to topic.

I think Variants are spamming comics,despite their rarity,low print run and higher value,but I do like the virgin variants for the simple reason that it gives the artist work more exposure without the added...what would I call that TwoPiece...stickles?

Ego has nothing to do with anything.

Just now, calamerica2 said:

May I ask you WHAT were you in prison for? Fair Q, as YOU posted this info...

CAL2 who is a curious cat...

Second degree murder

Cal2 who should mind his own business

Kidding about minding your own business,but I thought that response was witty

Was at my LCS last night, and they'd just gotten a copy of IMSM 1 in, had it up on the wall. I've always liked the cover. It was $78, not sure about the grade. I considered taking it down and looking at it, but anytime I have that impulse, I think about Cal's stash, and decide that there's no point. 

Seeing the world of Cal and the noob boardies collide has been pretty amusing this afternoon.

For the record, I've always enjoyed the...color...that Cal's posts bring to the boards. I suspect we share very few life philosophies, but at least his posts are entertaining.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

The "average" IQ is about 120. A person with an average IQ would not be convinced that the Earth is flat.

Do you mean a Brick Tamland..?

The average IQ is not 120. Depending on the test, it is usually around 100. About 90% of the population will test under 120. Scores above 110 are considered above average, below 90 as below average, with a fairly small window of error.

Just now, shadroch said:

The average IQ is not 120. Depending on the test, it is usually around 100. About 90% of the population will test under 120. Scores above 110 are considered above average, below 90 as below average, with a fairly small window of error.

You're right. I mis-posted. The average is "between 80-120". I don't know why I referenced the "average high".