• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is happening to the hobby?
2 2

411 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, calamerica2 said:

That actually started by accident: back in the day I was trying to edit a post, and the servers were not receiving anyone's posts correctly. I went to work and there was this 55-something paged Thread bashing me for that. So not to waste the Boardie's efforts, I incorporated the 3rd person schtick to my Brand. 

CAL2 who has a Brand. It works. Just wait and see.

It does

Your catchy

Hollywood,who likes it

7 minutes ago, calamerica2 said:

As a NEWBIE of 3 months you have no "rights" or cred to state this, so pay some DUES before you do this...

CAL2 who is also a fan of the Godfather trilogy AND their tactics...

Sez the guy here for 22 whole hours.

Lets save us all some time. Post a couple of rants and pull your indignant diva exit routine. Some of these folks haven't seen it yet. Entertain them.

Edited by shadroch

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Does he sound like Morgan Freemen

Hollywood who would be curious to know,yet scared to look on you tube

I could answer your Thread with a post such as: " Comic Book hobby is alive and well, but like the Stock Market, money flows in and out of sectors. What is hot now is Avengers, SA Spidey's, X-Men/FF/Iron Man( no shameless promotions here, just the FACTS). To get the money there, the Bronze hotties Like Spider-Women 1, Machine Man 1, etc. have "cooled off". In the words of the Robber Baron "Rothschild" in his Interview with the WSJ back in the late 1800's:  " I always sold too soon" as to why he was s successful in the Stock Market". So pick and choose accordingly. Also spending 50 hours a week on eBay is a REQUIREMENT to learn the Comic Book hobby.

But to post that would end this Thread. Here, with the "flavor" added, this should be more entertaining. 

CAL2 who might relook that idea of the Title: Entertainment Director.

2 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Sez the guy here for 22 whole hours.

Okay Shadrock. My counter-punch to your gut: I was here LONG before you were, and you know it.

CAL2 who now must re-activate the old account just to put Shad back in his place...

2 minutes ago, Oval Teen said:

That's Cal on the right, I swear to Jeebus.

25ow09v.jpg

Would you believe someone stole my fedora? The nerve of one of my daughter's boyfriends( bum-of-the-months)...

CAL2 who will replace that fedora...

Just now, shadroch said:

I'm not sure you quite grasp the meaning of "entertainment".

Is that ALL you got, Shad? Not even close to a fair fight. Jeesh...

CAL2 who does not waste time in the JV leagues...

Just now, calamerica2 said:

Okay Shadrock. My counter-punch to your gut: I was here LONG before you were, and you know it.

CAL2 who now must re-activate the old account just to put Shad back in his place...

I have no idea how long you were here. Nor do I care. Did you join before me? Don't know and don't care. 

24 minutes ago, calamerica2 said:

I posted the tripling detail in haste; I think it has increased MORE than 3x, not exactly sure.

Yes, I will choose to BRAG all I want re: my IMSM Army( Not IMIS, Shad...) because back in the day I got them for embarrassingly LOW prices, because guys/gals like YOU did not respect IMSM.

The prices I made for my CGC NM+ 9.6's were obscene, but can still be found on the eBay Feedbacks if you know how to look at them...

The IMSM raw VF/NM 9.0 that recently sold for $286-ish, I bought for back in the day RIGHT HERE on this Forum for $15.00 plus $4.00 shipping.  

Dogs like IM 1 and Ditko Spideys? Surely you jest. But I remember you from years past. If you were stuck in our lifeboat in turbulent waters, for me to survive, I would have to pick you up and throw you overboard to save the rest of us. 

CAL2 who is getting the last laughs due to IMSM all the way to the Bank...

Pretty sure I sold you a raw 8.5-9.0 for more like $80 a long time ago.

Just now, shadroch said:

I have no idea how long you were here. Nor do I care. Did you join before me? Don't know and don't care. 

Now you are outright lying. You may not care, but you KNOW the answers.

You also told me once to "go play in traffic" then lied about it. Another Boardie copied your post before you deleted it. I did not forget that.

CAL2 who has a computer for a memory for some things... 

4 minutes ago, calamerica2 said:

Is that ALL you got, Shad? Not even close to a fair fight. Jeesh...

CAL2 who does not waste time in the JV leagues...

I'd take you on in a battle of wits, but I make it a rule not to fight unarmed opponents.

Just now, the blob said:

Pretty sure I sold you a raw 8.5-9.0 for more like $80 a long time ago.

You probably did. I had a LIST of all the Boardies I did deals with, and that computer crashed. I lost all those transactions, over 200.

CAL2 who was good for business back in the day...

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

I'd take you on in a battle of wits, but I make it a rule not to fight unarmed opponents.

I remember you too.

But hey, you JUST DID enter the pit. One thing I can't stand are Hypocrites who claim to be "innocent" but somehow get their heads bashed a bit...

CAL2 who suffers no fools for very long...

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Is there a reason that you're dressed like a hobo-Joker?

Zoot Suit. Halloween costume. I still have it.

CAL2 who likes to have fun occasionally...