• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn 300

36 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Image for 301 was already released. And yes, he did.

Hahahaha seriously???  It's one thing to do the #300 issue (which was shocking because of the multiple times he's used that cover...but predictably understandable).  301...c'mon man:facepalm:.

I've changed my mind.  I'm boycotting both issues.  Not gonna put my weekly allowance of $7 for unoriginality.

I feel like he is just trying to do a big F you to Marvel with using the same cover style over and over.  Also so many people have reused that same style.

I might pick both up, seeing how they are milestones.  Depends on the availability and look over the variants from the other artists.

7 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I might pick both up, seeing how they are milestones.

Of course you'll pick up both.  Skip one $15 lunch and get two comics instead.  The question is...will you pick up a CGC 9.8 graded copy?

Also, anybody ever tell you that you look like Jim Lee.

Just now, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Of course you'll pick up both.  Skip one $15 lunch and get two comics instead.  The question is...will you pick up a CGC 9.8 graded copy?

Also, anybody ever tell you that you look like Jim Lee.

Unless it suddenly skyrockets, I doubt I will grade them at least not initially.  I have too many others that need to come 1st.

And to be fair my left armpit looks like Jim Lee..... :bigsmile:

People saying Mcfarlane is lazy for reusing ASM 300-301 covers. i say it's well played. it's HIS cover art and he isn't biting anybody. as someone else pointed out Marvel has been stealing his old artwork to sell overpriced "remastered" covers, from a page of old Mcfarlane drawn books, that can easily be found in $1 dollar bins everywhere. so good for Todd telling Marvel to Suck it !

16 hours ago, Gabagool said:

People saying Mcfarlane is lazy for reusing ASM 300-301 covers. i say it's well played. it's HIS cover art and he isn't biting anybody. as someone else pointed out Marvel has been stealing his old artwork to sell overpriced "remastered" covers, from a page of old Mcfarlane drawn books, that can easily be found in $1 dollar bins everywhere. so good for Todd telling Marvel to Suck it !

Agreed on this.  He did make it, but why he published at 227? Should have waited til 300.  Maybe he thought he wouldnt make it? Was there some other related milestone for 227 that I dont know about?

30 minutes ago, Mirkinator said:

Agreed on this.  He did make it, but why he published at 227? Should have waited til 300.  Maybe he thought he wouldnt make it? Was there some other related milestone for 227 that I dont know about?

image.jpeg.cd920b1652134253bc2f679ae6e3bede.jpeg

The cover swipes are b covers ...   I personally don't mind them but looking forward to seeing what Todd's a cover will be  .. that said I wish 298 , 299 had alternative art covers  than just the swipes .. asm 298 , 299  were far from best of todds work 

300 cover will be subtly different to 227 in that on 300 spawn is in his original costume. 

13 hours ago, MGH said:

The cover swipes are b covers ...   I personally don't mind them but looking forward to seeing what Todd's a cover will be  .. that said I wish 298 , 299 had alternative art covers  than just the swipes .. asm 298 , 299  were far from best of todds work 

300 cover will be subtly different to 227 in that on 300 spawn is in his original costume. 

Are you saying the homage's in the 220's were B? Because they were the main cover and there was a 1:50 variant. The only one's that weren't A covers were for 220.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Are you saying the homage's in the 220's were B? Because they were the main cover and there was a 1:50 variant. The only one's that weren't A covers were for 220.

Nah I meant the  300  , 301 the homage are b covers 

I do love the 22x run of homage covers though  :)

Edited by MGH