• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB- Doomsday pages or original art
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi...I recently bought an amazing Jon Bogdanove piece someone was selling on this forum so I though Id see what else was out there. Anything from the “Death of” series is mostly like way outta budget but feel free to show off anyways...

Original pages and commission...

Thanks 

4 hours ago, Thawk said:

I've had this one for a while from the Doomsday man himself, Dan Jurgens

Doomsday - Dan Jurgens.jpg

Yes I think I've seen that posted on various sites, and it is amazing...congratulations on such a beautiful piece.....if it was for sale I doubt it would be within budget anyways...

18 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Whoa....why am I just seeing this pop up now!!??

Thanks!  I picked this up on ComicLink around 2015 auction style. The date/stamp on the back just says 3/22. I’ve always taken that as 3/22/92 but am not 100% sure.  It’s a simple piece but I really love it!

Not planning on selling it anytime soon but here’s the info from the auction:

DOOMSDAY STYLE GUIDE 

Section: For Sale / Original Comic Art / Miscellaneous / DAN JURGENS 
Primary Artist Name: DAN JURGENS 
Secondary Artist Name: BRETT BREEDING 
Dimensions: This art is executed on standard 11" x 17" art board and has an image area of approximately 11" x 9". 
Item description: 
Illustrated by the Famous Superman Killer's Creator 
ComicLink Comments: 
Doomsday was created by Superman artist/writer Dan Jurgens in 1992 and first appeared in Superman: Man of Steel #18. He's the creature that famously killed Superman in the best-selling "Death of Superman" saga that culminated in Superman #75. When DC decided to kill Superman, long time fans realized it would not stick, but the general public was completely sucked in by the story and sales jumped to over a million copies. It was the first time in years that many people bought a comic book and it touched off a whole new era of collecting. The aftermath of the "Death of Superman" was huge, with sales on subsequent issues going through the roof. Doomsday became an important part of the Superman mythos following this huge event, and the character has returned several times over the years. He even kills Superman in the high profile 2016 movie, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.