• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who owns the most perfect Action Comics #1?
4 4

205 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Yup he called me when he bought that Action 1 said it was NM/Mint. I had just got my Tec 27 and he said he was getting a copy or just got a copy. I sold him some of my book's don't know what book's but I did have all the big key's few times over back than (shrug) I just got his check in the mail :whee:I saved  all my mail in my junk box and still have a lot even Steve F sent me mail.:sorry:I use to be somebody and never new it :acclaim:

Anderson.jpg

Still a somebody 

11 hours ago, Primetime said:

yep.. Church copy that he paid $25k for in 1982...it's maybe a 9.2 or 9.4 if it were ever graded and slabbed....

Didn’t he also get #2 and into the mid 20’s with it as well?

And even my reprint isn’t As nice as his.  :roflmao:

Edited by Robot Man

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Not sure about the #2. We will all be left with reprints at some point lol

32 minutes ago, Primetime said:
3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Not sure about the #2. We will all be left with reprints at some point lol

Yes, I believe it was the Church run of Action 1 through either Action 22 or 23 which Snyder acted as the go between comic book broker to pick up for him.  (thumbsu

20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I believe it was the Church run of Action 1 through either Action 22 or 23 which Snyder acted as the go between comic book broker to pick up for him.  (thumbsu

Going from memory on what I read on the boards in the past, I think it was through #23. I would love to see the #23 (and #1, and all the others of course)...

19 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:
41 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Going from memory on what I read on the boards in the past, I think it was through #23. I would love to see the #23 (and #1, and all the others of course)...

Just pop on down to Alexandria and make a dental appointment to see him.  :gossip:

Hopefully he'll have them all (or not) in his waiting room for you to take a look at.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

The Dentist's copy is from the MH collection discovered by Chuck.

Yep, to be clear for the OP, that's Chuck sitting behind stacks of MH comics including the Superman 1 and Batman 1.  I would not be shocked if he had a similar picture sitting behind an Action 1 and D27.

3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Yep, to be clear for the OP, that's Chuck sitting behind stacks of MH comics including the Superman 1 and Batman 1. 

I wonder how much money is in that picture.