• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who owns the most perfect Action Comics #1?
4 4

205 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

From Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batmobile#Replicas

" The #2 Barris-built Batmobile is owned by Dr. David Anderson of Virginia, and has not been repaired or restored. Original purchase price was $225,000. "

Same wiki says he owns the #1 as well:

"The #1 Barris-built Batmobile, built from the original 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car, was purchased by Richard Champagne of Ahwatukee, Arizona at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in January 2013 for $4,620,000. It was subsequently purchased privately by Dr. David Anderson, owner of Batmobile #2, for an undisclosed sum."

5 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

It's puzzlement. One allegedly has the most perfect copy of the most desired comic, but never has it graded and never shows it to anyone, save two or three people - ever. To most anyone, this would be strange, in addition to never even having a photo of it circulated.

Most definitely, as i am completely puzzled and baffled as to why you would need or even want to have your book graded unless it's time for you to sell it.  Especially from the unnecessary cost, potential damage or loss while in transit, additional storage point of view, and then most of all, not being able to readily peruse it at your pleasure.  ???

As for showing it to people, I can guaranteed you that more than 2 or 3 people have seen the book in person.  I also don't understand why in the world you would need to circulate a photo of the book unless you are suffering from an inferiority complex or feel you need to show this book in order to boost your ego or standing in the collecting community.  (shrug)

I believe that all collectors collect for a different reason, and it's really more a case of to each, their own.  (thumbsu

25 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

So cool !  Someone here in Chicago drives around the city in one that looks like it. I’d like that and the Monkee mobile 

I swear we used to have a mail delivery van that was painted like the mystery machine.  

https://www.ruralinfo.net/rural-carrier-delivers-mail-in-a-mystery-van.html

Edited by waaaghboss