• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who owns the most perfect Action Comics #1?
4 4

205 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

It's just a big, fat red flag to me that in the 52 years since it was discovered, not one single photo exists of it.

There might be lots of photos of it, just none shared with you.

7 minutes ago, Bronty said:

At the end of the day Steve Borock publicly posted about viewing the book and confirmed the grade range.   What more could any reasonable person ask for. 

Do you have any pics?  

17 hours ago, Bronty said:

At the end of the day Steve Borock publicly posted about viewing the book and confirmed the grade range.   What more could any reasonable person ask for. 

Oh wow, is Steve back working again with the good guys wearing the white hats and our savior once again?  :whatthe:

Must spend more time on the boards here since I am always so far behind on the latest news.  doh!

Especially since the word from most of the boardies here made it sound like Steve couldn't grade a book if his life depended upon it when he was with the bad guys in the black hats across the street.  lol  :screwy:  

Edited by lou_fine

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Oh wow, is Steve back working again with the good guys wearing the white hats and our savior once again?  :whatthe:

Must spend more time on the boards here since I am always so far behind on the latest news.  doh!

Especially since the word from most of the boardies here made it sound like Steve couldn't grade a book if his life depended upon it when he was with the bad guys in the black hats across the street.  lol  :screwy:  

This was years ago when Steve was still with cgc.  IIRC

On 7/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, Getoutandstayout said:

So if the Edgar Church collection was discovered in 1977 (from which this Action #1 was found), and this copy was sold around 1984, that's seven years that it wasn't in the hands of the Dentist. In all that time no one ever bothered to take a photo of it? The highest graded Action #1? Or if someone did, no image survives? Is there a reason for this lockdown of no-photos-allowed?

You say that as if it was sitting out in public and anybody could have easily taken a picture. :screwy:

It's hilarious how much this bothers you and that you think lack of pictures means anything in regards to the grade.

Here’s the most current picture of Dave’s Mile High/Church Action comics #1. 

4B79A864-2587-45C0-92B0-4D0AFE8C8E72.jpeg.c6ee9ee5fcebe20f7820500e0877b9b2.jpeg

Its gotten a bit worn since 1985 due to the dentists habit of reading his comics on the toilet before heading off to pull some teeth. Pretty sure a press would bring it back to its previous glory, don’t you? :wishluck:

4EF47084-8222-42FF-A80B-80274C1DB789.jpeg.ad56b18447762bd6f1887ea4ba00a3d3.jpeg

I don’t understand why the big uproar about no photo of it. We know it exists. We know who owns it. We know that most likely it will always be the best copy. And we all know what an Action #1 looks like. 

It’s his book, and I’m sure he has his reasons for not showing it. He is a private guy that feels no need to strut around with it. Whatever, let it go. 

And yes, I do believe there is a small photo of it probably taken by Chuck that shows a small Church name on it. 

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don’t understand why the big uproar about no photo of it. We know it exists. We know who owns it. We know that most likely it will always be the best copy. And we all know what an Action #1 looks like. 

It’s his book, and I’m sure he has his reasons for not showing it. He is a private guy that feels no need to strut around with it. Whatever, let it go. 

And yes, I do believe there is a small photo of it probably taken by Chuck that shows a small Church name on it. 

I have the picture stored on an old computer. Just not sure how to retrieve it 

33 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don’t understand why the big uproar about no photo of unicorns. We know unicorns  exist. We know who covers it up. We know that most likely it will always be the best unicorn. And we all know what a unicorn looks like. 

It’s his unicorn, and I’m sure he has his reasons for not showing it. He is a private guy that feels no need to strut around with his unicorn. Whatever, let his unicorn go. 

And yes, I do believe there is a small photo of his unicorn probably taken by Chuck that shows a small My Little Pony name on it. 

Fixed that for you...:devil:

Edited by N e r V

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

But it is restored. Not the same unicorn. That being said, wow! I wouldn’t kick it out of my junk pile!

It says

Who owns the most perfect Action Comics #1

Nothing on restored or not (shrug) 9.4 is the best I have seen :whistle: