• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who owns the most perfect Action Comics #1?
4 4

205 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2020 at 6:20 AM, tth2 said:

(thumbsu

It may be hard for some of the younger folks here to realize that taking a picture once upon a time involved buying film, taking a picture (with no idea how it would come out), dropping the film off at a photo store or drug store chain like CVS, paying for the pictures to be developed (bigger size meant higher cost), waiting a week or so for the pictures to be developed, and driving back to the photo store or drug store to pick up the pictures.  

Edited by Northwest

9 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Who in the collecting community is/ was “ The Dentist “ friends with that we may know ? 

A friend of mine would like to know if “ The Dentist “ keeps a storage lockerhm:bigsmile:

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
6 hours ago, rob_react said:

The two people who have seen it hat have shared their opinion about the grade are a little more than "Mr. X, Y, and Z." Especially when it comes to grading and Action #1s.  Stephen Fishler is credited as creating the 10 point grading scale we use today and has sold a bajillion Action #1s and Steve Borock started the two biggest grading companies in the hobby. They're pretty good sources (lol) and neither gets anything out of saying that the Church copy is the best- in Fishler's case it probably hurts him because it means the books he's bought and sold are all fighting it out for second place. But he's still acknowledged the quality of the Church copy. 

Geppi too. 

You guys think naming random nobodies is going to impress Getoutandstayout?

:screwy:

lol

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

All I can tell you is that I worked with Steve Borock for 4 years. He told me he saw the Action #1 in question and graded it in the Near Mint range. You're welcome...  :foryou:

love Borock. 

2 hours ago, october said:

I've never seen the AT Detective 27, but anyone with a Gerber Guide has a photo of the Church Marvel 1.

I pulled a scan a while ago. The best we can do from that is verify what John said- it has the best registration of any copy of that book I've ever seen.