• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Amazing Spider-Man #2

13 posts in this topic

First let me say...

Any copy of ASM #2 is a Nice Book. especially the "Well Loved" copies so ENJOY!!!

IMO that book would have graded at a GD+ 2.5 - GD/VG 3.0 if not for the chunk missing from the rear cover which places the book in the FR/GD 1.5 range but IMO the overall condition presents too well for that so...

1.8 GOOD- (GD-):  Back to Top
Fits the criteria for Good but with an additional defect or small accumulation of defects that detracts from the book's appearance by a perceptible amount.

15 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

First let me say...

Any copy of ASM #2 is a Nice Book. especially the "Well Loved" copies so ENJOY!!!

IMO that book would have graded at a GD+ 2.5 - GD/VG 3.0 if not for the chunk missing from the rear cover which places the book in the FR/GD 1.5 range but IMO the overall condition presents too well for that so...

1.8 GOOD- (GD-):  Back to Top
Fits the criteria for Good but with an additional defect or small accumulation of defects that detracts from the book's appearance by a perceptible amount.

I can't say you're wrong. But IMO, since the problem is on the back and the front looks nice for the grade range, I would hope worst case it's a 2.0. Who knows though. I can think of a few similar examples, one being SA Marvels with their front cover ULC boxes cut out that received 2.0s... but this piece is a touch bigger, and hard to say how much CGC factors in the front vs back thing.

22 hours ago, Point Five said:

I can't say you're wrong. But IMO, since the problem is on the back and the front looks nice for the grade range, I would hope worst case it's a 2.0. Who knows though. I can think of a few similar examples, one being SA Marvels with their front cover ULC boxes cut out that received 2.0s... but this piece is a touch bigger, and hard to say how much CGC factors in the front vs back thing.

2.0 GOOD (GD):

"The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, although some Silver Age books such as 1960s Marvels have had the price corner box clipped from the top left front cover and may be considered Good if they would otherwise have graded higher."

Until it comes back from CGC it is all speculation.

I would have to agree 2.0 if ur lucky; also what's that white spot near the top on the back cover? could that be glue/restoration? (assuming no) 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, Point Five said:

I think you're in the right area...this book has "Good" written all over it...

The math work appears easily erasable. Otherwise, they will probably note the pencil markings on the label. You can request lower grade Blue over higher grade Green and they will do so if Green is in play.