• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The new, no fighting, not locked, coppers heatingup on ebay...

10 posts in this topic

Well, it's a shame the other one got locked down.

Superman 50 2d print newsstand going for over $300..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERMAN-50-2ND-PRINT-NEWSSTAND-EDITION-RARE-HISTORIC-ENGAGEMENT-ISSUE/254231624391?hash=item3b3162bac7:g:7~4AAOSwMNZc2wxS

But are these results real? Book sold for even more in other auctions, but always the same seller? Is it possible one guy has a monopoly on this obscure book?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERMAN-50-2ND-PRINT-NEWSSTAND-EDITION-RARE-HISTORIC-ENGAGEMENT-ISSUE-F/254218820509?hash=item3b309f5b9d:g:ESUAAOSwcT1cy7tX

I apologize if there has been a thread on this issue, is this real?

I refuse to believe they won't reopen the old thread, although I'm not sure why they haven't even deleted the attack posts yet since they obviously know about them.

Yes, it's possible for a person to get a hold of a single issue in quantity if they're in the right place at the right time. I know somebody who has quite a few copies of a relatively rare (but not very valuable, unfortunately for him) issue, and most were acquired as a group.

That issue has been discussed in other threads like the two that are about two-thirds of the way down the main Copper page.

The old thread merely needs the derogatory comments deleted, and then be opened back up.

Quick to lock...slow to delete. For the record, I don't live in my mommy's house, and haven't for 30 years. Neither her house nor mine are crumbling, and my two pups in my avatar have sadly been gone for 10 and 6 years, respectively. And that's about as accurate as all the other "accusations", from whomever.

I'd like to know where this seller got all these copies of this book. None of the other books have shown up so concentrated like this, nearly 30 years after publication.

hm

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The old thread merely needs the derogatory comments deleted, and then be opened back up.

Quick to lock...slow to delete. For the record, I don't live in my mommy's house, and haven't for 30 years. Neither her house nor mine are crumbling, and my two pups in my avatar have sadly been gone for 10 and 6 years, respectively. And that's about as accurate as all the other "accusations", from whomever.

I'd like to know where this seller got all these copies of this book. None of the other books have shown up so concentrated like this, nearly 30 years after publication.

hm

I live in my mom's basement :/ 

Nothing wrong with it that I see.  She has a big house, I make decent money, and we enjoy each other's company.  Plus my comics are packed in the same area they've been for thirty years nice and safe :)

As for Coppers heating up on ebay, I maintain Cap 286 is going to explode.  Someday.

Edited by waaaghboss

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

hm

Genuinely sorry to hear that the puppers aren't with you any more. Whenever I see your avatar I think "Those are some happy pups!" It's never easy to say goodbye, even 6, 10, or more years down the road.

On 5/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Has anyone e-mailed to ask the seller? If not, let’s designate someone... that will at least save the seller from getting 30 e-mails at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Brock said:

Has anyone e-mailed to ask the seller? If not, let’s designate someone... that will at least save the seller from getting 30 e-mails at the same time.

Where's the fun in that...?