• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ocasio-Cortez Comic

102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

The proof is the book has not been issued a cease & desist warning by DC to sellers as the news has claimed. 

The proof is that the book is readily available by tens of vendors with no interruption by DC as article has claimed on eBay  

I'm just like you now. Reading the news and taking at face value without getting into details. 

How arrogant of me!

Stating the thing you're asked to prove is not proof of it. Is this honestly the level you're debating on? 

The variant that was the SUBJECT of the cease-and-desist letter is NOT "readily available by tens of vendors." It's available on eBay, and it's certainly possible that (a) DC didn't send cease-and-desist letters to individual eBayers (b) did do that but stopped, and/or (c) didn't do anything AFTER sending cease-and-desist letters. As I tried to explain already, a cease-and-desist letter isn't magic--it doesn't MAKE people cease and desist. If a cease-and-desist letter isn't obeyed, it takes ADDITIONAL legal action to enforce it. That costs money. DC doesn't HAVE to spend that money, because its primary motive here is to protect against FUTURE copyright infringement, which is more difficult to do if you do NOTHING to protect your copyright now--which is exactly why DC could content itself with initial letters to Devil's Due and Collector Cave and NOT CARE whether they're followed or not.

And, no, you're not just like me. You're just assuming another factual claim without backing it up. For instance, I'm NOT just taking the news at face value. Did you go to the shop in the Bronx and talk to the owner? Didn't think so. I did.

Glad we can agree on your last point, though.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Are you asserting that her popularity (or lack of) warrants the ridiculous high prices we've experienced on the market as of late with said book?

Or did you just find ground to promote her with this thread

please elaborate 

I'd elaborate on whether I just found ground to promote her with this thread if I understood what that meant. 

As you can clearly see in my original post, there was confusion about which variant was the subject of the cease-and-desist letter. I was trying to clear that up so that people wouldn't pay needlessly high amounts for variants they could still obtain for at or near cover price. 

And as for the wacky notion that popularity might correlate with high prices, gosh, I think maybe you're on to something there.