• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ocasio-Cortez Comic

102 posts in this topic

There's a lot of confusion around this one, which I hope I can clear up.

The original report by Bleeding Cool stated that DC filed a cease-and-desist letter to stop Devil's Due and Collector's Cave in New York from selling their store-exclusive variant of this comic, which had a variant cover painted by Carla Cohen and a print run of 250.

The New York Post and Fox News used a picture of the Washington Warrior variant in their stories about this, and now lots of people seem to think the Washington Warrior variant is rare. It's not. You can still buy it for cover.

If anyone else has additional info on this, please share, but I see a lot of people rushing to make decisions based on fake news that has led them to act against their own economic self-interest. Because irony is not dead.

So, caveat emptor.

20 hours ago, JTLarsen said:

There's a lot of confusion around this one, which I hope I can clear up.

The original report by Bleeding Cool stated that DC filed a cease-and-desist letter to stop Devil's Due and Collector's Cave in New York from selling their store-exclusive variant of this comic, which had a variant cover painted by Carla Cohen and a print run of 250.

The New York Post and Fox News used a picture of the Washington Warrior variant in their stories about this, and now lots of people seem to think the Washington Warrior variant is rare. It's not. You can still buy it for cover.

If anyone else has additional info on this, please share, but I see a lot of people rushing to make decisions based on fake news that has led them to act against their own economic self-interest. Because irony is not dead.

So, caveat emptor.

OK, I give this thread maaaybe 5 or 6 posts before it's locked. But I'll respond, deftly avoiding politics:

"Thanks for the info!"

I picked up the regular edition of the book and it's... interesting. I don't know the creative teams but much of the writing and art is amateurish to the point of being embarrassing. To borrow a phrase Larry once used here about a new title, I guess I'd say I like the concept better than the execution.

Some of the variant covers are cool.

I pre-ordered these, though lightly... I've flipped Obama's first from Amazing Spider-Man in the past, and Trump's (alleged) first from Dead Walkers as well. It seems to me that - leaving political opinions out of it - AOC is a pretty prominent figure who seems likely to get even more attention in the future than she has in the past, so this could be a good bet with a relatively small print run. Having said that, I expected this book to get more media coverage (both pro and con) in the short term than it actually did, so the jury's still out.

2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Actual AOC Quote: ‘Like, Honestly, Gardening. Food That Comes Out Of Dirt. Like, It’s Magic!’

Which meme did you get this from?

Also... In before the lock

3 hours ago, Brock said:
3 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Actual AOC Quote: ‘Like, Honestly, Gardening. Food That Comes Out Of Dirt. Like, It’s Magic!’

Sorry, which comic was that post about?

Sounds like Seinfeld.  

4 minutes ago, Brock said:

+1

if ever there was a book whose price was destined to fall back to earth once the hype dies down, this is the one.

Exactly it's no AF 15!

Sell it now!!!! 

I wish I ordered some of those!

What gave you the idea to idea  all of those?

37 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Yeah thats some serious foresight there. Are the current bids on these for real?!?  

Yes. Sell immediately if you have one.