• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite Limited Series?
2 2

86 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Inspired by @NoMan's recent topic of "Single Best 1-Issue Story"...

What's your favorite limited series story (maximum of 12 issues)?

That's hard to say

Is it a limited series like Wolverine or Punisher limited series,or can it be a storyline in a on going series,because if it can be the latter than I'm going with knightfall,if it's the former than I'm going with Punisher,maybe even Batmans Dark knight.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's hard to say

Is it a limited series like Wolverine or Punisher limited series,or can it be a storyline in a on going series,because if it can be the latter than I'm going with knightfall,if it's the former than I'm going with Punisher,maybe even Batmans Dark knight.

Limited aka contained series.

Can't be something like Detective Comics Knightfall, because 'Tec is an ongoing series. Or Death of Superman, etc.

Something like Watchmen, or Justice, which are defined limited titles.

22 minutes ago, boomtown said:

I also really enjoyed the Elseworlds  "The Golden Age" by Bill Robinson & Paul Smith.

One of my very favorites as well. It is James Robinson though, he went on to write the equally excellent Starman series for DC.

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

One of my very favorites as well. It is James Robinson though, he went on to write the equally excellent Starman series for DC.

Doh!!

I think Bill Robinson is a Board Member. Yes, it was the criminally underrated James Robinson who was the writer.

Squadron Supreme by Mark Gruenwald

Batman vs Grendel by Matt Wagner

Batman : White Knight by Sean Murphy

DC : The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke