• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite Limited Series?
2 2

86 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

The Crow 1-4

V for Vendetta 

Hellboy- Seed of Destruction 

Lot's of great Hellboy series to choose from. In Hell was a very fun read. 

25 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's crazy,did they realise they were being misleading 76 copies later.

I think it was more of a joke because the Transformers series was originally planned to be a 4 issue limited series, but because of the popularity it received, Marvel decided o give it the green light to keep going. 

The Punisher and Wolverine LS were probably the best in that they both had excellent art and they fleshed out and defined the identities of both of those characters and demonstrated that each was capable of having a monthly title devoted solely to them.  These series were both representative of the absolute best that Marvel had to offer in the 80's. 

The original Aliens and Predator Dark Horse series where awesome too.  Unfortunately, I don't think any of the other series involving the two characters came close to the coolness of those originals.

Man, there were 19 books between the 4 series I mentioned and at least 10 of those covers are probably classics forever burned into the memories of anyone who was a kid that collected during that time.  IMO, the copper age was the pinnacle of both comic art and storytelling as well.   

I'm going to have to go back and reread the original Punisher mini.  It's been so long since I read it.  I loved the Zeck art on it, but it's been at least since 2000 when I read it.  First Wolverine mini is a close second for me.