• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ECCC 2019 MY NEAL ADAMS SIGNED CGC GREEN ARROW CAME BACK WITH NO SIGNATURE HILLARIOUS OR TRAGIC,YOU DECIEDE
1 1

5 posts in this topic

So...HaHa on me, geeeeze and Whoops!?

I was at ECCC 2019 and went with a very nice CGC  rep to get two comics signed by Neal Adams for CGC SIGNATURE GRADING.(Green Lantern #79 and Batman #200). All four of us there at Neal's table were all chatting about this and that and Neal took the books from me.(I usually take them out of the bags myself for a signer.) I got my books back and the Green Lantern #79 was unsigned! I had paid the signature fee to Neal for a CGC book and paid the CGC Signature fee. It was definitely the same book. What happened??...After several hours of thinking I realized that I had the comic in three bags and ol' Neal accidentally signed on a very clear bag ,Not on the comic! I had it sent for fast track pressing so the bag was lost there...So that's my sad tale...My Batman #200 came back great!....I'm not blaming anyone,maybe a partial credit?

Laughing and sighing..I wonder where that signed bag ended up..LOL...Right?

Somewhere there is a Joe Kubert signed poly bag that I forgot to do the cutout on.  I caught it on the way back to the booth. When I went back, Joe's daughter, who was very (and reasonably) protective of her dad, asked me for another signing fee. Joe wouldn't hear of it, and signed the book.  Man, he was a cool dude. 

I have a Ron Pealman signed Mylite bag and it had a window outlined with blue tape.  He was going fast and started to sign above the window, I pointed that out to him and he told me "well you put the window in the wrong place, I should charge you twice."  Thought he was serious and then he smiled real big and laughed....then told me "no, I am serious."   He started to laugh again.  I think he wanted to watch me squirm.  He was a cool guy.