• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

well how about that....
1 1

45 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

That that isn't the that that I thought it would be.

That it aint

It’s the facsimile edition, marvel reproduced them. It was released March 20th  think they sold out quickly  hm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicsheatingup.net/2019/01/08/one-to-watch-hulk-181-facsimile-edition/amp/

Edited by nepatkm

27 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

It’s the facsimile edition, marvel reproduced them. It was released March 20th  think they sold out quickly  hm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicsheatingup.net/2019/01/08/one-to-watch-hulk-181-facsimile-edition/amp/

Not the facsimile edition. It's easy to distinguish the facsimile from the original. There are quite a few "replica" editions online which are made with identifiable giveaways (blank inside cover, different page quality etc) this one is an attempt to counterfeit the exact book, with similar content, page material, and texture. There is no difference between distributing this fake IH181 let's say, and a fake $100 bill

13 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Not the facsimile edition. It's easy to distinguish the facsimile from the original. There are quite a few "replica" editions online which are made with identifiable giveaways (blank inside cover, different page quality etc) this one is an attempt to counterfeit the exact book, with similar content, page material, and texture. There is no difference between distributing this fake IH181 let's say, and a fake $100 bill

Yeah, that’s really crappy then. Hate all the dishonesty on eBay with raw books. 

:sorry:

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

The facsimile edition does not have the 25¢ price on the cover

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Yeah, that’s really crappy then. Hate all the dishonesty on eBay with raw books. 

He's not being dishonest. The seller is to be commended for disclosing that it's not a Hulk 181, he's an honest trader. Sadly, there's a chance that his buyer won't share his sense of responsibility. $100 gets you $10,000+ ? What is that? A half a year's pay for someone earning minimum wage working 40 hour weeks. Going to be tempting to some, I'm afraid.

11 hours ago, James J Johnson said:
13 hours ago, nepatkm said:

He's not being dishonest. The seller is to be commended for disclosing that it's not a Hulk 181, he's an honest trader. Sadly, there's a chance that his buyer won't share his sense of responsibility. $100 gets you $10,000+ ? What is that? A half a year's pay for someone earning minimum wage working 40 hour weeks. Going to be tempting to some, I'm afraid.

I didn't see the listing and it's gone now. Did the seller admit that he created this fake? 

14 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I didn't see the listing and it's gone now. Did the seller admit that he created this fake? 

Did anyone save a screen shot?

13 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

There's someone in the coin hobby that has been making fantasy coins for quite some time now.  They have the appearance of a real coin but are slightly different from the real ones.  He discloses them as such.  They sell for big bucks.  I look at them as counterfeit coins.  How he has avoided being shut down by the mint, and subject to charges is beyond me.  Even though the seller discloses, what happens when they are sold again and the person doesn't disclose?  I could see myself getting duped by some of these "coins".  

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Yes he did. Listing said "replica" edition and added something in the context of "enjoy owning a copy that looks exactly like the original"

I wonder how people would react if the listing was worded slightly different. Kinda like:

"counterfeit copy of IH181. Make money today selling these copies to people who would believe it's an authentic copy!"

14 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Selling that is against the law. Potentially criminal. Yes, he is honest about his criminality. And the implication is that maybe you can con someone re-selling it.