• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pencils or Inks...A POLL!

Pencils or Inks?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If you could only PICK ONE, which would it be?

• all pencil, no ink
    • all ink, no pencil
    • I'd get both in spite of your stupid false-choice poll!

49 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, vodou said:

is it really that hard to understand?!

Yes, because there are more options than you allow, e.g., is the inker the same person as the penciler or a different person?

By the way, my experience says that if a piece with ink over pencil goes for $1 then the pencil by itself will go for $0.67 and the inks over blue line for $0.33. That's the same result you found above.

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

Yes, because there are more options than you allow, e.g., is the inker the same person as the penciler or a different person?

There aren't more options -for the poll- than I allow, my initial posts just weren't clear enough on that. Two pictures; two choices; that's all. Sorry.

57 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

By the way, my experience says that if a piece with ink over pencil goes for $1 then the pencil by itself will go for $0.67 and the inks over blue line for $0.33. That's the same result you found above.

That's interesting but I'm not sure that because we know b and c we can extrapolate a from that. Not enough information, imo, so anecdotal.

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

Instinctually, that sounds right, but from an intellectual perspective, it doesn't make any sense. I would generally buy the inks, but sometimes, pencils have a tonality which I don't think is captured with straight inks. 

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Instinctually, that sounds right, but from an intellectual perspective, it doesn't make any sense. I would generally buy the inks, but sometimes, pencils have a tonality which I don't think is captured with straight inks. 

I'd buy the pencils. :)