• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have experience buying directly from E. Gerber without a retailer account?

13 posts in this topic

I was looking at purchasing direct from E. Gerber in a bulk supply order without a retailer account. 

It's significantly cheaper than any other option for me that I've found. 

If anyone has an experience purchasing directly without a retailer account from them, I'm hoping they could share. Good or bad.

Thanks

Yes!  I just purchased 1000 Mylite 2 and Half Backs... I forgot to buy their Archival Tape and E.Gerber requires $100 order before ship.  I don't want to purchase 8 rolls today... there is a guy on Amazon who sells them for $17 instead of $14 at E.Gerber, I purchased 3 rolls.  E.Gerber with shipping they are $15.00 a roll if you do not pay tax.  Their Archival Tape works well with their mylar.  

Was a great experience.  Faster then the 2 t0 4 weeks they quote.  I got my stuff 8 days after ordering.  You must order over the phone, no online order.  Shipping cost $52 extra, but no tax since I do not live in Maryland.  They used UPS and shipped the order in 2 boxes.

Edited by Macho

I don't have a dealers account and have ordered from them numerous times throughout the years. It's pretty smooth but they may take a little more time being your first order as they will probably take your info to get you into the system.  They also keep a form of payment on hand.

15 hours ago, JWKyle said:

I don't have a dealers account and have ordered from them numerous times throughout the years. It's pretty smooth but they may take a little more time being your first order as they will probably take your info to get you into the system.  They also keep a form of payment on hand.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Not in any rush so a little more time isn't a big deal for me. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, Asianassassincomics said:

I was looking at purchasing direct from E. Gerber in a bulk supply order without a retailer account. 

It's significantly cheaper than any other option for me that I've found. 

If anyone has an experience purchasing directly without a retailer account from them, I'm hoping they could share. Good or bad.

Thanks

I've done so a few times with nothing but good experiences. As mentioned, you'll need to call them on the phone. If they don't answer, keep calling back. They will. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, newshane said:

I've done so a few times with nothing but good experiences. As mentioned, you'll need to call them on the phone. If they don't answer, keep calling back. They will. 

Perfect, thanks for the advice and sharing your experience. Gonna order the supplies soon!

Just now, Asianassassincomics said:

Perfect, thanks for the advice and sharing your experience. Gonna order the supplies soon!

You will be very happy with the product - the best there is. 

1 minute ago, newshane said:

You will be very happy with the product - the best there is. 

I completely agree. I have a ton of their Mylite 2s and Full Back Boards but buying them buy the 50 pack or as a bundle of a 100 is way more expensive than buying direct. It saves over $10 per bundle of 50 bags and boards. 

Resurrecting this old thread as I have recent experience now ordering direct. :)

I emailed first, got a shipping turnaround quote of 4-8 weeks, and told all orders are done via phone. I have some supplies to get me by for now so I'm fine waiting a bit. All the prices from retailers seem to be going up on E. Gerber products, and they can't keep them in stock! No idea if E. Gerber has also adjusted pricing or not, but I figured it was a good time to bite the bullet and buy in bulk. 

Anyway, I tried calling a few times throughout the day for three business days straight. One day it just went straight to voicemail all day. I never left a voicemail but was probably going to the next day if no luck. Finally connected with the customer service lady who must have seen I called so many times from the caller ID or something and she just called me back. I was friendly and to the point to order, she was likewise. She took my shipping info, put me on hold for a minute while she figured up my total, took payment info, said I'd be charged when it ships and would get UPS tracking. 

All in all, the experience was what I've read from others. Seems like a small victory to finally get the order in, and at about 1/2 price in the long run vs. what I'd be paying anywhere else... though spending that money all in one big chunk! :ohnoez:

That said, if you need supplies quicker or a smaller quantity, I still recommend Hot Flips. I placed a small order from these great guys and had it in under a week, and still more affordable than any other source I could find at the time for low quantity.