• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Sun. June 30th Great Dealer Lineup
1 1

67 posts in this topic

Excited for this show! Which vendors at the show would be good to see for Golden Age books, like early Action Comics, Detective Comics, Flash Comics, Captain America Comics and Sensation Comics? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Aznfunk said:

Excited for this show! Which vendors at the show would be good to see for Golden Age books, like early Action Comics, Detective Comics, Flash Comics, Captain America Comics and Sensation Comics? Thanks!

I'll have a couple GA Action, Superman, Batman and Captain America slabs. 

@Bunky Brian always has some as well. 

3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Will there be a Berkeley con after this June, 2019 show :nyah: but before Nov, 2019?

No, the vagaries of the calendar dictate Nov. 3 for the next one. (Silicon Valley Con, our remaining local big con, just switched from April to August and then there just happen to be a ton of local shows in September and October.) Btw, we tried for Saturday Nov. 2  but the venue was booked.

I'm bringing  myself one of my kids and my cousin. First time going back to a bay area show since Steve Wyatt had the last Hayward show I believe it was. Kids looking for Daredevils, My Cousin is looking for Star wars ,G.i Joe and transformers (80's marvel), I'm on the hunt for good Marvel books and I just started buying Magazines again Marvel and Warren so hopefully a dealer or 2 will lug out a few magazine boxes :wishluck:

I'll have GI Joes, Transformers, and Star Wars for sure. You can find me up front where I can have a direct line of sight with Tim (wormboy) at the door.

As for the magazines, I'd suggest hitting up Brian Peets at A-1 Comics Sacramento. He does a good job of bringing stuff that people request in advance. If you have some mag highlights he'd be happy to bring them. He'll also be up front at this show.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, JWKyle said:

I'm bringing  myself one of my kids and my cousin. First time going back to a bay area show since Steve Wyatt had the last Hayward show I believe it was. Kids looking for Daredevils, My Cousin is looking for Star wars ,G.i Joe and transformers (80's marvel), I'm on the hunt for good Marvel books and I just started buying Magazines again Marvel and Warren so hopefully a dealer or 2 will lug out a few magazine boxes :wishluck:

We (Worlds Of Wonder) will be bringing a lot of these 1980's titles as well as Magazines. I'll do an update this week.

I don't have a preview pic, but my main pickup since the last show was a complete set of DC war, 1952-1988. Everything.

I also really want to recommend you guys chat about old comics with Erik Larsen if you get a chance. He's an expert in all things Kirby, plus knows a lot about golden age Captain Marvel, Herb Trimpe, and a lot of other things.