• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimmed or Poorly Cut at Printing
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I recent purchased this book on eBay, which despite having bad pictures was in a CGC slab, and so I was convinced of its condition. Upon receiving it I cracked it open to put it with the rest of my collection, only to note that the top of the book appears badly aligned and missing the top of the box with the character names in it. A quick examination of other copies (many graded) on eBay shows a similar issue although most not as pronounced as mine. I checked the CGC graders notes and nothing is mentioned regarding a trim. I also measured it against the issues immediately preceding and following and if it was trimmed it would only have been a fraction of a fraction of an inch, as I can't see the top of the other books when placed behind this one. 

So am I just being paranoid or could the graders at CGC have missed this? I'm normally not super fussy but I did drop a little more than normal on this one as an upgrade to my old copy and would hate to think it's damaged beyond normal wear and tear.

IMG_20190522_215350.jpg

Screenshot_20190522_225427.jpg

Edited by rlextherobot

11 hours ago, rlextherobot said:

the top of the book appears badly aligned and missing the top of the box

Most people only trim books to fix bad alignment, not to cause it. If your book is badly aligned it most likely wasn't trimmed as that would make no sense on the trimmers part. A lot of mid-SA DC books seem to have the top part of the cover missing, its pretty common.