The "I'm Stuck in Oklahoma With Floods & Tornadoes" Thread: Little Bit of Everything
1 1

40 posts in this topic

414 posts
Posted (edited)

So Oklahoma is currently facing record rain storms all week, causing crazy flooding. Thankfully, my town is okay mostly and my house is in a more elevated part of town. But I'm certainly stuck close to the house for the next few days, so I thought I'd run a thread to keep me occupied. This will have low grade to high grade, mostly raw, but a slap or two might sneak in. There might also be lots, so I can clear some space. The rules as usual:

• 1st  :takeit:  gets it and trumps PM
  • Because I'm going to be offering a variety of stuff, I'm going to keep shipping simple: $5.99 for as much stuff as you want and $9.99 for slabs. This is only for the U.S. contact me in PM to see if we can work out international shipping at cost.
  • PayPal only unless you've worked with me before with money orders or similar.
  • No returns on slabs. You have within 7 days of receiving the comics to initiate a return on raw books.
  • Payment due within 48 hours of purchase, unless you contact me. It's more for me to keep track of everything, so I'm flexible

Enjoy the thread. Hopefully, I won't be posting from an Ark in the coming days...

Edited by Deadlift Collectibles

414 posts

Green Lantern #40  VG/FN w/Color Touch    $15

An above average reader copy with the color touch, which is in the bottom right hand corner along GA Green Lantern's leg and around it. Staples firmly attached throughout.

gl40.jpg

gl40b.jpg

414 posts

Detective Comics #365   VG    $8

Has come small tears or light chew at the top right corner and a small tear and scrapes at the bottom right corner. Joker cover.

det365.jpg

det365b.jpg

414 posts

Amazing Spider-Man #88   VG   $10

Spine roll and some light soiling on back cover are the main culprits. Solid book with staples attached throughout.

asm88.jpg

asm88b.jpg

11,920 posts
1 hour ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

So Oklahoma is currently facing record rain storms all week, causing crazy flooding. Thankfully, my town is okay mostly and my house is in a more elevated part of town. But I'm certainly stuck close to the house for the next few days, so I thought I'd run a thread to keep me occupied. This will have low grade to high grade, mostly raw, but a slap or two might sneak in. There might also be lots, so I can clear some space. The rules as usual:

I was without power for over a day in OKC when the first wave hit.  I think you're in Stillwater which is where my daughter lives - grad school at OSU.  So far she has been okay.  Hopefully it quiets down.

Good luck with the sale and stay dry and safe.

414 posts
1 minute ago, telerites said:

I was without power for over a day in OKC when the first wave hit.  I think you're in Stillwater which is where my daughter lives - grad school at OSU.  So far she has been okay.  Hopefully it quiets down.

Good luck with the sale and stay dry and safe.

Thank you. So far, Stillwater has had some flooding in some areas. Mainly it's all the surrounding towns that are getting hit hard. No one can really travel very far.

19 posts
2 minutes ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

Shall I assume you mean the Master of Kung Fu 17?

Sorry, I meant ASM 88.  New to posting, trying to figure out the quote.

19 posts
28 minutes ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

Iron Man #3   VG+    $9

Decent comic, staples attached. Light subscription crease.

im3.jpg

im3b.jpg

:takeit:Iron Man 3

414 posts
1 minute ago, freefall2all said:

No worries. I'll take care of the 88 for you.

414 posts
1 hour ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

Amazing Spider-Man #88   VG   $10

Spine roll and some light soiling on back cover are the main culprits. Solid book with staples attached throughout.

asm88.jpg

asm88b.jpg

SOLD

414 posts
3 minutes ago, freefall2all said:

And welcome to the boards!

19 posts
1 minute ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

And welcome to the boards!

Thanks!  I think I've figured out the quoting now!

414 posts

Giant Size Spider-Man #4   VG-ish   $10

Diagonal creases on cover. Small tear on back cover near the edge. But overall solid book and one of my favorite early Punisher comics.

gsspm4.jpg

gsspm4b.jpg

225 posts
6 hours ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

Moon Knight #1 (1980)  VF/NM   $10

Sharp book overall with a few small spine indents. Maybe can be pressed out.

mk1.jpg

mk1b.jpg

Hey fellow Okie! :takeit: