• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best method to value a larger collection when making an offer.
5 5

163 posts in this topic

Yes great looking books. I really appreciate that you made a great first impression and he remembered you and made the effort to find you again.

Well done.

PS. I am jealous of your find. I am weary of seeing collections locally that have 90's drek. "Sorry, no I don't want to buy your Image Comics Supreme #1"

Looking at a collection Monday, here is hoping I find something cool.

Edited by Artboy99

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I really appreciate that you made a great first impression and he remembered you and made the effort to find you again.

Well done.

I know I spent over $10,000 on his comics a decade ago.  So he knew I was a serious buyer.  I'm SO glad he found me again.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Did you look at the collection?

yes.

I was supposed to be looking at 11 longs of books.

It went from 11 longs to 3 as the seller thought all the longs were comics but most were books.

Once at the seller's house I quickly scanned the contents and it was very low grade books. Goods to VG and while there was some 10C covers they were very low grade and not desirable titles. Dells, Disney, Classics Illustrated, Charltons and lots of low grade Westerns.

To sell them I would have to heavily discount and most go directly into the dollar bins.

I passed.

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

yes.

I was supposed to be looking at 11 longs of books.

It went from 11 longs to 3 as the seller thought all the longs were comics but most were books.

Once at the seller's house I quickly scanned the contents and it was very low grade books. Goods to VG and while there was some 10C covers they were very low grade and not desirable titles. Dells, Disney, Classics Illustrated, Charltons and lots of low grade Westerns.

To sell them I would have to heavily discount and most go directly into the dollar bins.

I passed.

I've saw plenty of that sort when I was answering Craigslist ads.  I also once drove 4 hours to look at a "mint" (his words) collection.  The comic were brittle.  I've never seen so many brittle comics.